• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nottingham(ish) hay supplies

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Any in Notts, large parts of Derbys, Lincolnshire, even north Leics: I can pick up a bale from Forrest Feeds (Edingley nr. Southwell) and deliver within reason (up to 1hr from Nottingham or Newark). I have plenty for my two and can comfortably fit three bales in my Corsa (if they're letting us buy more than one), it's £5 per bale IIRC. I won't charge for petrol. The Air Museum is still open to volunteers so I'll still be passing nearby the shop on Tuesdays.

I can't recall if they sell Readigrass but they're here: http://www.forrest-feeds.co.uk/

Forgot to add I'm due to be working from home Monday, Wednesday and Thursday but work's super flexible and as long as I put the hours in it shouldn't matter ;P Although I have a meeting on Monday so should probably dial-in to that! :)

Last edited:
Such a nice offer :)

Not exactly a need to have item, but if anyone wants some fenugreek crunchies we have so so many... I didn't realise but we have them on subscribe and save from amazon, so 6 packs turn up every month... But we don't really feed them and haven't for a while (they like them, we've just been using a different treat [emoji38]) so we have like so many packs it's ridiculous... [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Any in Notts, large parts of Derbys, Lincolnshire, even north Leics: I can pick up a bale from Forrest Feeds (Edingley nr. Southwell) and deliver within reason (up to 1hr from Nottingham or Newark). I have plenty for my two and can comfortably fit three bales in my Corsa (if they're letting us buy more than one), it's £5 per bale IIRC. I won't charge for petrol. The Air Museum is still open to volunteers so I'll still be passing nearby the shop on Tuesdays.

I can't recall if they sell Readigrass but they're here: http://www.forrest-feeds.co.uk/

Hi lovely :)

What a super generous offer. Could I ask what the hay is like as in green, stalky etc

Haybox are limiting orders to 5kg boxes now and we easily get through 3 boxes a week with our 6 bunnies (15kg) 5kg won’t even last the week as we used around 1kg per day!

The annoying thing is they used to make it cheaper per kg the more you bought so 15kg was £40

They are now only selling the 5kg boxes (I imagine to stop people panic buying) but they are priced at £20 each!

I’ve emailed them and asked if I could place 3 separate orders which they have said is possible but they won’t be offering a discount - so what would of cost me £40 every fortnight will now cost £60

£120 on hay a month is just not feasible with everything else going on at the moment, I just hope they haven’t seen the current state of things and thought his was a good money making scheme :(

We used to order from Timothyhay.co.uk but the buns stopped eating it as the quality reduced significantly, which even resulted in an episode of stasis for one of my bunnies

My 6 are hay stobs (completely my fault for only offering them the best) and point blank refuse to eat anything shop bought, we can use the burgess long stem stuff from pets at home on emergencies but at nearly £7 a kg that’s just not feasible either

Hi lovely :)

What a super generous offer. Could I ask what the hay is like as in green, stalky etc

Haybox are limiting orders to 5kg boxes now and we easily get through 3 boxes a week with our 6 bunnies (15kg) 5kg won’t even last the week as we used around 1kg per day!

The annoying thing is they used to make it cheaper per kg the more you bought so 15kg was £40

They are now only selling the 5kg boxes (I imagine to stop people panic buying) but they are priced at £20 each!

I’ve emailed them and asked if I could place 3 separate orders which they have said is possible but they won’t be offering a discount - so what would of cost me £40 every fortnight will now cost £60

£120 on hay a month is just not feasible with everything else going on at the moment, I just hope they haven’t seen the current state of things and thought his was a good money making scheme :(

We used to order from Timothyhay.co.uk but the buns stopped eating it as the quality reduced significantly, which even resulted in an episode of stasis for one of my bunnies

My 6 are hay stobs (completely my fault for only offering them the best) and point blank refuse to eat anything shop bought, we can use the burgess long stem stuff from pets at home on emergencies but at nearly £7 a kg that’s just not feasible either

Lovely idea for help, Keletkezes :love:

This thread from a while back might help with recommendations :wave: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...lky-hay-recommendations&p=7146779#post7146779
Mine like sweet green hay from nature’s own too.

Hi Steph2790 :) The last few bales I've bought have all been the same: brown, very stalky, lots of long seedheads. Mine love it! I do the same as you with P@H, I get a 3kg bag for emergencies (which I use up when it feels like I should), but I get the bedding hay because mine are stuck wth whatever they've got XD I'm quite strict but then I can afford to be because the OH forages for them every day :)

Back