• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok to laugh at rabbits??

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I do try & contain my giggles & stick to smirking / nudging OH where possible but I dunno, my rabbits are just laugh out loud funny.

Mousey the other night on her super thick little pet carpet stomping away like nobuns business whilst glaring at me. I genuinely think she was annoyed her thumps were so cushioned they were barely audible which made her thump more.

At the bottom of my bed is a wicker hamper used for dirty laundry. It has a dodgy lid. Every so often Joey or Boo will use it to break the jump on to the bed & the lip tips leaving them in the hamper :lol:

Is it mean that I laugh at these things?

They bring immense joy and happiness to you - so sharing a laugh and a smile is just part and parcel of being a rabbit owner.

I do try & contain my giggles & stick to smirking / nudging OH where possible but I dunno, my rabbits are just laugh out loud funny.

Mousey the other night on her super thick little pet carpet stomping away like nobuns business whilst glaring at me. I genuinely think she was annoyed her thumps were so cushioned they were barely audible which made her thump more.

At the bottom of my bed is a wicker hamper used for dirty laundry. It has a dodgy lid. Every so often Joey or Boo will use it to break the jump on to the bed & the lip tips leaving them in the hamper [emoji38]

Is it mean that I laugh at these things?
Haha that's hilarious [emoji38]

I often laugh at mine when they're silly [emoji38] Clementine is the best when sassy, she looks so ******, like she may murder you in your sleep ****** [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh I laugh at my rabbits all the time!

Snoopy often borrows into the hay in the litter tray and ends up with a big blond hay wig on top of his head [emoji38]

Fudgie and Snoopy's relationship dynamic also makes me laugh. They're both quite dominant so on paper they shouldn't work. Every so often one will start to get too big for their boots so they keep each other in line with an occasional slap round the chops. Swiftly followed by a groom and a snuggle to show that the balance has been restored. They honestly act like characters from a trashy daytime soap.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

We’ve just had to laugh at Lillian because she’s learnt to ring her ‘food bell’ with her chin. So we’re sitting watching telly when suddenly ‘ting’ as madam rings the bell with gentle but deliberate intent. Wife goes to get food and barely gets the fridge door open when ‘ting’ from madam again. “Hurry up with my supper hooman”.
I will get this recorded but it is so funny. She’s a right diva.

We’ve just had to laugh at Lillian because she’s learnt to ring her ‘food bell’ with her chin. So we’re sitting watching telly when suddenly ‘ting’ as madam rings the bell with gentle but deliberate intent. Wife goes to get food and barely gets the fridge door open when ‘ting’ from madam again. “Hurry up with my supper hooman”.
I will get this recorded but it is so funny. She’s a right diva.

Oh yes please do, we need to see this :D

How is it possible not to laugh.....................

wU2uVVI.jpg

9HtqC0N.jpg

HCbAhUi.jpg

nZEuZqn.jpg

WqB4UZ8.jpg

i5PA363.jpg

k8fym6z.jpg

jyiSrCc.jpg

LOL, the idea of the laundry basket gently eating your bunnies as they land on the lid. ha ha ha

Lovely photos and certainly raised a smile.

I'm afraid that Tui gets laughed at all the time. Mostly she is completely unaware, as we are watching her from the kitchen window, but occasionally it's when we are close to her.

I think it's perfectly fine :) Certainly in Tui's case, she doesn't possess the level of intelligence to distinguish between being laughed at and a joyful laugh from the humans.

Jane - who are the two rabbits in the blue tray in the third photo, please?

I'm afraid that Tui gets laughed at all the time. Mostly she is completely unaware, as we are watching her from the kitchen window, but occasionally it's when we are close to her.

I think it's perfectly fine :) Certainly in Tui's case, she doesn't possess the level of intelligence to distinguish between being laughed at and a joyful laugh from the humans.

Jane - who are the two rabbits in the blue tray in the third photo, please?

Brian the Chocolate Torte Micro Rex who was an 'additional extra' in a hutch sold on Ebay :roll: and Bobbie who was rescued from a Meat Farm x

Brian the Chocolate Torte Micro Rex who was an 'additional extra' in a hutch sold on Ebay :roll: and Bobbie who was rescued from a Meat Farm x

Oo that's a good additional extra [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

This thread has given me a much needed laugh, especially as so many of the things everyone’s rabbits do are so familiar!

We laugh at ours all the time. They do so many funny things. The last time I laughed at one was on Thursday evening. My husband was playing a computer game and Phillip jumped onto the bed and trampled all over the keyboard during a vital moment in the game [emoji38][emoji38]

Didn’t manage to catch him in action but this was taken seconds afterwards as my husband tried to move the keyboard away :lol:

7af9b6913b5eddb7a1601350e842f751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh I have laughed many times! I think its fine. I've laughed about things that are even more dangerous after all has turned out okay. I think its fine, they're unaware.

Luna once jumped into a bin, that was pretty amusing :lol: I thought she had escaped and was already crying until I heard shuffling, open the bin, this bun is at the bottom looking horrified with herself!

and just recently, Orion needed meds. tore up the entire pen trying to catch the demon. during this havoc I pulled off the lid of their house. I catch him, give him the meds, let him go. he makes a beeline for the house to jump on top off it, but ofc, theres no lid....... so he just fell through it and sat there staring like he had just entered another dimension and was very upset!!

and just recently, Orion needed meds. tore up the entire pen trying to catch the demon. during this havoc I pulled off the lid of their house. I catch him, give him the meds, let him go. he makes a beeline for the house to jump on top off it, but ofc, theres no lid....... so he just fell through it and sat there staring like he had just entered another dimension and was very upset!!
When I move the shelf out of the hutch, Aboleth and Lopsy used to jump through the hole and look bemused when they landed on the same level XD Chibbs hasn't done this yet but she's less reckless ;P

All my bunnies are/have been hilarious. When I showed Matt this thread he did ask 'well what else are they for?' :lol: I'm always laughing at them :D

Ha - I'm loving these stories about our adorable pests. pleased too I can laugh with a clear conscience.

boo's fat ass makes me laugh daily - it made the litter tray evacuations more entertaining than annoying.

Back