• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad Xmas Eve at the Vets!!

Dorothy

Alpha Buck
I went in to cover up the bunnies for the night and check on them and heard the most awful rasping noise. I realised it was coming from Jupiter the Guinea Pig's cage. He was having trouble breathing and the noise was terrible. I had seen him several times today a I went about my normal routine and he was fine.

I phoned the vet and rushed him in as an emergency. He was in Congestive Heart Failure and had to be pts. I have just got back in now and can't quite believe it. It happened so suddenly.

At least I noticed straight away and he is now at peace. Bless him he was a nutty pig. I used to call him Mr Jumping Jupiter. He was always doing these funny piggy jumps and oinks. I hope he continues to do that over the bridge and remembers his time running around in the grass in the summer.

Bless you Jupiter you were a lovely happy boy and always made me laugh.

Oh Dorothy I am so very very sad for you - at least the wee man is at peace.

I know how upset you must be and I really hope that you will be able to remember all the happiness he gave you in his wee life.

Sending you big hugs.

lol Pam

PS I am sure he and Kim are having a great time together sharing all the gossip about us

Awwwww Dorothy :( , well at least it was quick and he didn't suffer for long if at all. Poor wee man, he sounded like a real character.

Thinking of you *hug*

~ run free wee Jupiter, tell Mini and Maxi that I send my love ~

Dorothy, I am so sorry to hear about poor Juniper..especially on Christmas Eve. It is hard to believe that this could happen so quickly. By the way you describe him you have had a lot of happy times and this is what you must remember ':love:' ':love:'

I was surprised at how quickly it happened and was worried I had missed soemthing. But the vet said they can appear normal and then just go like this suddenly. So I felt re-assured. He was oinking as usual this morning and happy to see me .

Awww Dorothy - I'm so sorry :cry: Perhaps Jesus wanted him for a birthday present and wanted to watch him running around oinking in the fields over Rainbow Bridge? I do hope so - he sounds such a lovely boy.
(Hugs to you)
Run free in the eternal sunshine Jumping Jupiter xx

Dorothy, I'm so sorry that this should have happened to you at any time let alone Christmas Eve, he'll be running free at the Bridge now. My thoughts are very much with you.

*hugs* from all of us here at the Butter household...that's sad...:(

At least he didn't suffer, and you did the merciful thing...*more hugs*

Back