• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having Trouble with Misty again

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Misty gets very broody at this time of the year. 2 years ago she stopped eating for a day or so, last year she wasn't too bad, but she's started again this year. Bertie keeps mounting her then they both start looking sad. She is spayed, she was spayed when I took her on and I did check with the Vets as she became broody the first Spring that I had her. You feel so awful for them. :cry:

It's sad isn't it. Do you think it might help to put a soft toy in with them? Just wondering if Bertie might turn his attentions to the toy, which might mean that Misty doesn't think about the issue:)

I believe it's Misty who is instigating the mounting as she so desperately wants to get pregnant, but Bertie can't do what she wants. A bit like humans.

Oh bless her, that's so sad, not sure what, if anything, you can do. Maybe a few treats to distract and keep them occupied ? stuffed toilet rolls, hang a few veggies up ? Hope it doesn't last long :(

Back