• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At 16 weeks how far off adult body weight would the average rabbit be?

As title, TIA
Blimey that's a tough one!

Atticus weighed 1.6kg and Clementine weighed 1.8kg at 16weeks old (yes I have all this written down, I'm a nutcase [emoji38])

Clementine probably isn't a great example.. But Atticus at healthy weight is 3kg as an adult. Clementines healthy weight is around 3.6-8kg she weighs more though at 4.4kg [emoji849]

Idk if that helps answer your question [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Blimey that's a tough one!

Atticus weighed 1.6kg and Clementine weighed 1.8kg at 16weeks old (yes I have all this written down, I'm a nutcase [emoji38])

Clementine probably isn't a great example.. But Atticus at healthy weight is 3kg as an adult. Clementines healthy weight is around 3.6-8kg she weighs more though at 4.4kg [emoji849]

Idk if that helps answer your question [emoji38]

Surprising! I was just sorting through bunny documents & saw when Joey was rescued he was 16 weeks & 1.6k. His healthy adult weight is 2.6 k. I'd assumed he was on the thin side at that weight but going of your rexes clearly not :lol:

Surprising! I was just sorting through bunny documents & saw when Joey was rescued he was 16 weeks & 1.6k. His healthy adult weight is 2.6 k. I'd assumed he was on the thin side at that weight but going of your rexes clearly not [emoji38]

Well actually Atticus and Clementine weren't in the best condition when I got them. I haven't really spoken about where I got them from.. It was a show breeder, but they used to sell the babies at auction or something he said, because he had trouble shifting them...? His words not mine.. It was all about the showing for them, the velvets dad was imported from Holland I think.. He weighed 10 pounds [emoji51] They were all in tiny hutches in a shed too, no daylight. Idk they weren't on a great diet and Atticus looked very small and boney :S they seemed to look a lot better after a couple of weeks (I had them from 12 weeks old) and their coats seemed to shine for the first time.. So maybe joey was underweight? It's hard I think, plus I assume larger breeds of buns grow much quicker than smaller ones? In size at least [emoji38]

Eta: I had no idea about rabbit care when I got them, but even the place I got them from just didn't seem quite right.. I took them and left pretty quick, part of the reason I took Clementine too (only went to get Atticus) I saw her and just couldn't leave her there (plus she was just magnificent looking, something in her eyes I can't explain it [emoji38] she looked like she could take on the world if necessary [emoji38])

Last edited:
It's interesting to see how much they put on. Doughnut at her heaviest was 1.2kg!

Bobo at 8 weeks was 390g and is now at nearly 11 weeks 430g, she's putting on about 20g a week :)

My bridge bun Rio was nearly three kilos,he was a mixed breed lop and and a large boy,bit over weight too but not drastically.

At 16 weeks my rabbits were at about 2,5kg, grown up 4-4,5kg. It depends on what is fed too, I feed mostly forage when available.

Back