• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

taking my rabbit walkies...

ollie

Warren Scout
I've bought Ollie one of those lead and harness all in ones to take he for walks... I havent yet used it as am not 100% sure I'd risk it incase she escaped.

Has anyone used these and what are your oppions on them before I tackle it??

I used one on Blueberry in the summer, however it no longer fits her!

Really depends on the bunny, and they walk you! Blue was happy to let me put the harness on her which is the first obsticle! then I let her lead me round the garden, you have to make sure you keep up if they suddenly run as you don't want to pull on them.

I'm sure I posted some pics before have to see if I can find the thread.

It does fit and she's fine for me putting it on! But she's quite reluctant to move. As she's a stubborn lil lady she just sits there and chews on it! I know its gonna take a while for her to get used to it though :wink:

If there are any bushes in the area make sure you have a spare person around to grab hold of the lead while you untangle yourself. We had a mixed experience with our buns. It depended on the bunny and the day as to how much they wanted to go for a walk. They always wanted to scrabble through bushes and get the lead all tangled, and they take off running when you least expect it, and then you have to chase after them and that makes them run faster because they're being chased. A very energetic endeavour.

Theres a mixed reaction to using a harness on a bun.

I used one on Hazel recently as she's not allowed out in the garden as she can climb a six foot fence :shock: and we walked too my local post office which took us half an hour!

beck said:
Can you put the harness on without the lead attached? that way she could get used to having it on without getting tangled up.

love your little poem!!

No unfortunatly its an all in one...
And thanks about my poem!
Those pics are cool, she looks quite happy to be in her harness
:D

Back