• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can't stop crying

jewels26301

Young Bun
My 2 babies have just gone into boarding, they will be away from me for 12days...and i'm hurting like hell...

They both hated being put in the carrier, my buck was going all rigid and making occasinal squeaking noise :cry:

My Doe seemed a little less scared, she was eating etc...

I'm worried because no-one will look after them the way i do...

What if the stress kills them? i'm a wreck...and i'm not looking forward to xmas at all anymore....

Roll on 4th January, when my babies can be where they belong...

jewels xxx :cry:

I'm sure the boarders will take great care of them for you. It's obviously a bit stressful for them at first, but as long as they've got plenty to eat they'll settle down.

Awwww...*hugs*

I know how you feel, my girls had to go to a friend of mine for a month... :cry:

They'll be taken care of, don't worry! And they'll be ultra happy when you see them again...plus it gives you an extra excuse to spoil them rotten!

Once they're in and they realise they're getting fed it'll just turn into a bit of an adventure for them. Lots of new stuff to sniff and chin and wee on. I felt the same as you when I left my bunnies with my brother. I was convinced that something would go wrong and that he'd feed them something silly and kill them. But they were fine and he'd never looked after bunnies before. When I went to pick them up, they were running about the living room like loons, they chewed through the phone cable while I was sitting there and my nephew was begging his dad for bunnies of his own.

Bunnies put on a big show of being frightened and stressed, but they're still a lot more resilient than they'd like to admit. As soon as they've filled their bellies with dinner the stress levels will plummet.

My boy acts the same when I put him in the carrier to take him into the garden, if I make him go in he stomps around and grunts - if I let him go in his self he doesn't mind! Either way he is going to his favourite place but he makes a show of being put out!

I am sure they will be fine and well looked after.

Caz

jewels26301 said:
I'm worried because no-one will look after them the way i do...

Thats always my fear with all my animals! But I'm sure they will be fine and the boarders will take great care of them I'm sure! They'll be fed and that should suit them fine! And just thinbk of the excitment of seein eachother again!
Don't let it ruin your xmas ! (which may I add is like 1 sleep away - so excited :p ) x

I am sure they will be fine :D try not to worry, easier said than done i know. Your holiday will soon fly by and you will be soon reunited with your bunnies :D Have a lovely holiday :D

Oh ...we do all know how you feel because you love them so much. I am sure they will wonderfully looked after and when you come back you will get extra special cuddles ':love:'

Back