• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickle the Destroyer Strikes Again!

Glingle

Warren Veteran
Well, I didn’t actually witness him in the act, but Beans is much better behaved....
I have a very lovely and expensive (£190) die cutting machine. Think an old fashioned mangle but electrically operated that uses metal shapes and the pressure between the rollers to cut designs out of paper and card etc. https://www.createandcraft.com/gb/cutnboss
After the heat gun incident (RIP) as I craft in the kitchen, I’m very careful to make sure that the wires are out of reach of the bunnies. I came to use the die cutter last week, only to discover that whilst it was plugged in and switched on at the wall (the socket is at the same height of the table) the power light wouldn’t come on. I reached behind it to check that the power lead was fully pushed in, which it was. I then wondered as it has a power adapter within the power supply, if that connection had come loose, so I reached down to pull up the cable to check. Yep, at that point I got a lovely big electric shock as somebun had chewed along a 3 inch length of the wire!
Thankfully, I escaped with only a tiny burn on my left finger and thumb. My heart palpitations were as a result of the emotional shock rather than electrical shock and stopped after a couple of minutes. We have a doctor as part of our team at work and so I messaged him and he advised me on what to look out for as it was a bigger shock than the one from the heat gun.
Fortunately I can buy a new power cable for about £20. Just as well he’s a very adorable cuddly destroyer....

Naughty Pickle. It was clearly a shock for you as well and I'm pleased that you are ok.
A lucky escape for everybun.

Oh gosh :shock: I’m glad that you and the bunnies are ok, even if the power lead isn’t :lol:

Back