• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Night time visit?

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Now, I know before you all start reading this, some of you will think I'm loosing the plot. But bear with me, because as true as I'm typing this, this really happend last night - about 5 hours ago....
Firstly, let me ask you all to just find in your mind, that noise all your rabbits make when they are hopping round your floor. Have you got the noise in your head? It's that sort of solid two back feet bump coupled with the front two paw gallop. It is a distinctive sound.
Now, we've got carpet in the loving room. Henry and Lillian make that distinctive noise when they wonder round the room and in Henry's case, the house. Lillian never ventures beyond the half way point in the living room and the telly and settee are in the half that Lillian doesn't stray into. Henry, on the other hand - well, he was into everywhere.
Ok, so, we've set the scene.
I'm spending the next four or five nights on the settee downstairs because I'm actually getting worse at the moment (but that's another story). The settee gives me some solstice. It's not exactly comfortable but it is what it is.
I had been asleep for about 2 hours between 2:30am and 4:30am this morning. I was fast asleep. That's important. Fast asleep and I was woken up. I didn't 'wake up' - I was physically woken up and my senses tuned into a noise. Our house has some residual noise - a clock ticking, the odd train rumbling past. But it was quiet. I could hear everything. I wondered why I was awake. And then my ears tuned into this noise. It was as real as you are reading this. It was the noise of a rabbit hopping round the room - specifically round and near the settee where I was lying.
I lay there and just listened. I wasn't scared. I was just trying to work things out. I thought perhaps that I'd left the doors to the kitchen open and Lillian had come in. The doors are double glazed type doors and my wife always checks them before she goes to bed.
I flicked the torch on my phone on, and pointed it at the door. It was closed. Lillian was NOT in the room. The noise faded as if it were going to the kitchen diner (where Lillian was) and then dissapeared.
It then went quiet.
Now, I know opinions will be split about my thoughts on this. I struggle to believe iin things that I am unable to prove. But this was absolutely real. I know what I heard and I wasn't dreaming it.
Strangely I don't feel freaked out. In fact I feel quite tearful (he says wiping away a rogue tear as he types).
Anyone else had any similar sort of experience or is it time for me to dial 999 and ask for the funny farm?

Now, I know before you all start reading this, some of you will think I'm loosing the plot. But bear with me, because as true as I'm typing this, this really happend last night - about 5 hours ago....
Firstly, let me ask you all to just find in your mind, that noise all your rabbits make when they are hopping round your floor. Have you got the noise in your head? It's that sort of solid two back feet bump coupled with the front two paw gallop. It is a distinctive sound.
Now, we've got carpet in the loving room. Henry and Lillian make that distinctive noise when they wonder round the room and in Henry's case, the house. Lillian never ventures beyond the half way point in the living room and the telly and settee are in the half that Lillian doesn't stray into. Henry, on the other hand - well, he was into everywhere.
Ok, so, we've set the scene.
I'm spending the next four or five nights on the settee downstairs because I'm actually getting worse at the moment (but that's another story). The settee gives me some solstice. It's not exactly comfortable but it is what it is.
I had been asleep for about 2 hours between 2:30am and 4:30am this morning. I was fast asleep. That's important. Fast asleep and I was woken up. I didn't 'wake up' - I was physically woken up and my senses tuned into a noise. Our house has some residual noise - a clock ticking, the odd train rumbling past. But it was quiet. I could hear everything. I wondered why I was awake. And then my ears tuned into this noise. It was as real as you are reading this. It was the noise of a rabbit hopping round the room - specifically round and near the settee where I was lying.
I lay there and just listened. I wasn't scared. I was just trying to work things out. I thought perhaps that I'd left the doors to the kitchen open and Lillian had come in. The doors are double glazed type doors and my wife always checks them before she goes to bed.
I flicked the torch on my phone on, and pointed it at the door. It was closed. Lillian was NOT in the room. The noise faded as if it were going to the kitchen diner (where Lillian was) and then dissapeared.
It then went quiet.
Now, I know opinions will be split about my thoughts on this. I struggle to believe iin things that I am unable to prove. But this was absolutely real. I know what I heard and I wasn't dreaming it.
Strangely I don't feel freaked out. In fact I feel quite tearful (he says wiping away a rogue tear as he types).
Anyone else had any similar sort of experience or is it time for me to dial 999 and ask for the funny farm?
I don't believe in anything like that at all. But after I lost Fleur I'd keep waking up and hearing her (she was very vocal, a weird rabbit, never heard another bun make those noises) she had this noise she'd make when she'd want me, she'd make it and thump repeatedly till I got there, and I'd always go get her. For a while after I'd wake up, hear that and rush out and she wasn't there ofc. Idk if it was grief or what, but it made me relive everything most nights. I assume it's your mind playing tricks on you, that's what I put it down to, Idk tho, I'm the same as you, I find it very difficult to believe in things that can't be proved too.

Just wanted you to know, you're not alone, I think I remember reading other accounts similar to ours. The mind is a very odd thing. I hear phantom hay munching when no one is eating any sometimes [emoji38]

Hugs Craig, losing a very special animal is so hard :( and look after yourself xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sounds perfectly normal to me Craig. Don't analyse it, and don't let others tell you you were or weren't hearing things. You know what you heard, and that's the important bit :)

If it feels real for you then it's real. IMO what others think is irrelevant. There are so many things about life and death that we dont know/understand xx

I think some rabbits leave a little bit of themselves behind and everynow and again you are certain they are there. Melissa was one, she was my first rabbit and very much tuned in to me, she could read my mind I am sure as she had done exactly what I wanted her to do before I arrived in the garden.

Just to add, because how I originally worded what I put may have come across differently to how I meant it.. ��

Just that I've experienced what you have but I totally get the "but that's not possible!" thoughts after it happened too, but knowing it was real. I find that kinda thing very confusing because what I experienced doesn't line up with what I'd normally think etc. It's a hard thing to get your head round ime.

But I agree what others have put, you shouldn't over analyse it :) what Jane said about so many things we don't understand about life and death yet is so true!

I've experienced this, it wasn't in the middle of the night it was during the day. Our bridge bun Bobby has a very distinctive hop as he had a missing front leg, as well as hearing the noise I could see something moving out of the corner of my eye, maybe it wasn't anything or maybe it was we'll never know.
It never bothered me :)

Just to add, because how I originally worded what I put may have come across differently to how I meant it.. ��

Just that I've experienced what you have but I totally get the "but that's not possible!" thoughts after it happened too, but knowing it was real. I find that kinda thing very confusing because what I experienced doesn't line up with what I'd normally think etc. It's a hard thing to get your head round ime.

But I agree what others have put, you shouldn't over analyse it :) what Jane said about so many things we don't understand about life and death yet is so true!

Don’t worry Graciee- I understood what you originally posted.
What I’m trying to put across is that I’m neutral on the belief aspect but I also very firmly respect people who do have a belief.
It’s because I need to understand. And that makes me complicated. Things I cannot explain I don’t dismiss, but I’m frustrated because I cannot research.
There is documentation to suggest that animals are and have always been very perceptive. They are far more in tune with life than we are. That’s why they’ve been resident on earth much longer than we have. And there is some documentation about how animals see things we do not (or if you prefer, 6th sense).
I’m not dismissing that I’m any way.
Have you ever sat and watched animals suddenly just stop what they are doing and focus on something you haven’t seen or heard? Yes they have better sense of sound, smell and sight. But could there be more to it?
I’m very clear I know what I heard. I’ve slept downstairs many times and had disturbance throughout the night from external noise and so on. But this was very different.
I can’t explain it, but nor was I actually worried by it.
Jane beautifully summed it up but it does open up a whole level of thought and understanding- in my opinion.

Craig, I think you should accept it for what it was, a beautiful moment, and one which you will never forget. Hope it brought you some comfort, and really hope you start feeling better soon xxx

Don’t worry Graciee- I understood what you originally posted.
What I’m trying to put across is that I’m neutral on the belief aspect but I also very firmly respect people who do have a belief.
It’s because I need to understand. And that makes me complicated. Things I cannot explain I don’t dismiss, but I’m frustrated because I cannot research.
There is documentation to suggest that animals are and have always been very perceptive. They are far more in tune with life than we are. That’s why they’ve been resident on earth much longer than we have. And there is some documentation about how animals see things we do not (or if you prefer, 6th sense).
I’m not dismissing that I’m any way.
Have you ever sat and watched animals suddenly just stop what they are doing and focus on something you haven’t seen or heard? Yes they have better sense of sound, smell and sight. But could there be more to it?
I’m very clear I know what I heard. I’ve slept downstairs many times and had disturbance throughout the night from external noise and so on. But this was very different.
I can’t explain it, but nor was I actually worried by it.
Jane beautifully summed it up but it does open up a whole level of thought and understanding- in my opinion.

When you said because you need to understand it - yep totally get that, I'm exactly the same! I can't dismiss them either, but I also can't get answers and that's the worst for me.

Funny what you say about animals sensing things, Clementine is very interested in my stomach atm, I've got used to it, by my boyfriend said to me the other day, that the first time it happened he remembered me saying "what you doing? Leave my belly alone you weirdo" and this was before us humans even knew.. Maybes its coincidence, but she's changed towards me and the behaviour happened before I even knew! I think animals are incredible, and we'll never truly be able to understand I don't think :)

Back