• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT WARNING...VHD ALERT in essex.

rabshan

Mama Doe
I have just been told by my vets that their branch in south woodham ferrers has reported an outbreak of VHD. It goes withoput saying that anyone in that area should take precautions against this disease which is usually fatal. do take CARE everyone love from shan & the "famous" shed rabbits.

eeekkk! :shock:

I'm in waltham abbey is that near me (Sorry left my map reading skills at home)

VHD alert.

Hi haffyj...I pass through waltham abbey every week on my way to get bunny supplies from the farm, I live in walthamstow, east london. South woodham ferrers is near chelmsford I think? from shan.

Re: VHD alert.

rabshan said:
Hi haffyj...I pass through waltham abbey every week on my way to get bunny supplies from the farm, I live in walthamstow, east london. South woodham ferrers is near chelmsford I think? from shan.

you probably pass my house then i live on the new road by sainburys off sewardstone road!!!

Iieek!

I live in Bristol, so that's far away, and my girls live indoors, but they've not had their VHD yet, they're getting it when I get home...

*worried look*

staying indoors.

I am afraid that keeping your bunnies indoors will not keep them safe from VHD. Its believed to be airborn, Vaccination is the way forward, this disease has an almost 100% mortality rate, there are no symtems, you just find them dead...Oh dear!!! now i,ve scared myself from shan & the "famous" shed rabbits.

Yea, I know about VHD, we covered it in lectures. (I was the pale one sitting in the corner, rocking herself, fretting over her girls).

They're relatively safe where they are (top floor flat, middle of the city), but the second I get back they're being vaccinated. Especially since I'm going into practice when I get back!

Hello - Yes this is unfortunately true! I live and work at an Agricultural college in Chelmsford, Essex where we have lots of wild rabbits living here. With the last couple of months it has been heart breaking finding a few of these lovely rabbits dead apparently with VHD :cry: . Please do not take the risk and forget to vaccanate your bun x

Back