• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heidi got a willow ball and first Flbafirst

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Raven and Madelyn were getting much of my time before and after thiir dentals as Heidi got little more than basic care plus a few hugs and treats-mini rexes like to eat. Friday night I gave her a willow ball.
She quickly turned her willow ball into a pile of small willow pieces. She had a lot of fun . She then went back to begging for extra pellets or her new favorite treat.
I ordered fibafirst sticks before christmas. They were being shipped from UK to USA so would take weeks. The manufacturer also makes Garden Sticks a treat for rabbits which was already at a USA entity and they arrived in a week.
All three bunnies beg for them,.
Garden sticks and greens were the first items my bunnies ate on their own after dentals.
My order of fibafirst arrived last week. Heidi likes them, though likes garden stick treats more.
JJ, thank you for encouraging me to place order.

Raven and Madelyn were getting much of my time before and after thiir dentals as Heidi got little more than basic care plus a few hugs and treats-mini rexes like to eat. Friday night I gave her a willow ball.
She quickly turned her willow ball into a pile of small willow pieces. She had a lot of fun . She then went back to begging for extra pellets or her new favorite treat.
I ordered fibafirst sticks before christmas. They were being shipped from UK to USA so would take weeks. The manufacturer also makes Garden Sticks a treat for rabbits which was already at a USA entity and they arrived in a week.
All three bunnies beg for them,.
Garden sticks and greens were the first items my bunnies ate on their own after dentals.
My order of fibafirst arrived last week. Heidi likes them, though likes garden stick treats more.
JJ, thank you for encouraging me to place order.
So glad they like them :D

Mine all love the garden sticks from science naturals, and a willow ball is made to be destroyed by Atticus [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I always wondered what Garden Sticks were. Just googled & it appears I have some in my cupboard:lol: Pleased your buns are enjoying their treats - its always a relief when you order something in.

So glad they like them :D

Mine all love the garden sticks from science naturals, and a willow ball is made to be destroyed by Atticus [emoji38][emoji38]

How many garden or fibafirst can I give a small bunny?
Heidi is glad she has a kindred spirit when it comes to destroying willow balls.

How many garden or fibafirst can I give a small bunny?
Heidi is glad she has a kindred spirit when it comes to destroying willow balls.

Oo Idk, all my buns are huge [emoji38]

With the fibrefirst sticks, obviously slowly introduce, and maybe 2 per day? Smallest bun I had weighed about 2.3kg and she could eat two a day, Atticus isn't allowed them anymore as they upset him, but he's around 3kg and could easily eat 4 a day if I let him [emoji38] I wouldn't feed anymore than 4 a day anyway though for my bigger buns either (nearing the 5kg mark). I think it's a balance because you want them to eat the hay too. Although all of mine are great hay eaters so I don't have to worry too much about it. In a recovering stasis situation though I'd feed whatever they'd eat til their appetite came back.

With the garden sticks, they're just a treat, I used to give one a day :) they do another flavour too which mine liked.

Oo Idk, all my buns are huge [emoji38]

With the fibrefirst sticks, obviously slowly introduce, and maybe 2 per day? Smallest bun I had weighed about 2.3kg and she could eat two a day, Atticus isn't allowed them anymore as they upset him, but he's around 3kg and could easily eat 4 a day if I let him [emoji38] I wouldn't feed anymore than 4 a day anyway though for my bigger buns either (nearing the 5kg mark). I think it's a balance because you want them to eat the hay too. Although all of mine are great hay eaters so I don't have to worry too much about it. In a recovering stasis situation though I'd feed whatever they'd eat til their appetite came back.

With the garden sticks, they're just a treat, I used to give one a day :) they do another flavour too which mine liked.

Thanks Gracie,
Madelyn and Heidi are 1.8 kg.
Raven is 1.15kg.
You are right about introducing new foods slowly. Raven and Madelyn got a few small pieces of garden sticks before dentals, so I knew they could tolerate them after dentals. Madelyn had a rough recovery and would not even eat garden stick for days. With both it was the first item they ate on their own. Waiting for them to be 100% before trying fibasticks.
Heidi tried Fibafirst and comes for a piece. She likes garden sticks more and will drop the fibafirst stick if she sees me taking out a garden stick for others. Of course I cannot say no, so then she has both.
When Madelyn was refusing to eat and had a very slow gut, I gave her a small amount of alfalfa hay to tempt her to eat. She gets timothy based pellets.
I will look for another flavor.

Last edited:
Back