• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BREAKING NEWS - Clementine is apparently not fat..

Graciee

Staff member
I mean she's still 4.5kg [emoji38]

But the exotic vet who saw her today said she's not actually overweight she just has loads of fat in her dewlap.. And even if she lost weight that wouldn't change... [emoji38] But her body isn't overweight at all.. Not sure how to feel about this [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Que?:lol:

How much did the vet think her dewlap weighs then? Not sure I would be convinced (sorry Clementine)

Que?[emoji38]

How much did the vet think her dewlap weighs then? Not sure I would be convinced (sorry Clementine)
No idea, he said her dewlap was fat pockets? [emoji38] That the only way to get rid is effectively lipo suction, but obviously they don't do that for buns... But he felt her body and said you can feel all her spine etc, which tbf you can it's just the dewlap that's oversized [emoji38]

Que?[emoji38]

Clementine is not fat! She is just big dewlapped. How very dare you all

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

She's very beautiful either way :love: but she doesn't look fat to me. Treacle has quite a dewlap, and she's only a little bun.

She's very beautiful either way :love: but she doesn't look fat to me. Treacle has quite a dewlap, and she's only a little bun.

Awh Treacle [emoji7] my other two female buns don't really have dewlaps.. Think they're missing out, Clementine seems to sleep on hers as a cushion [emoji38]

Sounds good to me. Clementine may try to get more treats.
Yeaa she was demanding a treat when we got home, she got one because vaccination, and she hates the vet.. Was funny, vet saw Atticus first and he's just a well behaved bun now, no issue really... But then I had to give the vet a warning before I got Clementine out, as this vet hadn't seen her yet...(my other vet and all the nurses know to stay back, she's bitten like all of them.. And lunges at them [emoji51] just to say she's the sweetest bun at home and has never bitten anyone!) And I don't think he really believed me.. Because he tried to pick her up.. HUGE MISTAKE! She lost it I ended up having to hold her, she'll allow me to weirdly, whereas anyone else she does this thrashing and kicking thing and she totally cuts people to shreds with her claws.. She's so powerful [emoji38] and she starts making these weird noises... So yea I think the vet thought ehh it can't be that bad... Then quickly listened and let me do all the holding etc [emoji38] afterwards on the table I was petting her and she was sitting there, not happy but tolerating the situation, then whenever he touched her or petted her, she'd like move her body away from his touch [emoji38] she does make me laugh [emoji38]

Awh Treacle [emoji7] my other two female buns don't really have dewlaps.. Think they're missing out, Clementine seems to sleep on hers as a cushion [emoji38]

Susan does this too, but she is fat! Dilly says Clementine is perfect and has just developed her creature comforts.

Because he tried to pick her up.. HUGE MISTAKE! She lost it I ended up having to hold her, she'll allow me to weirdly, whereas anyone else she does this thrashing and kicking thing and she totally cuts people to shreds with her claws.. She's so powerful [emoji38] and she starts making these weird noises... So yea I think the vet thought ehh it can't be that bad... Then quickly listened and let me do all the holding etc [emoji38] afterwards on the table I was petting her and she was sitting there, not happy but tolerating the situation, then whenever he touched her or petted her, she'd like move her body away from his touch [emoji38] she does make me laugh [emoji38]
This was Lopsy until he was about 5, we think he's mellowed in middle age! We're still extra careful though, we all have the scars!

I mean she's still 4.5kg [emoji38]

But the exotic vet who saw her today said she's not actually overweight she just has loads of fat in her dewlap.. And even if she lost weight that wouldn't change... [emoji38] But her body isn't overweight at all.. Not sure how to feel about this [emoji38]

Phew! thought you were gonna say she's preggers too :lol: :lol:

This was Lopsy until he was about 5, we think he's mellowed in middle age! We're still extra careful though, we all have the scars!
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Christ yea. I don't mind too much if she doesn't mellow, because she has never done it to me.. Except once when she was little.. But I can't tell you how many vets/nurses have been bleeding when we've left [emoji51] so embarrassing - I just tell them to let me hold her etc if they have to do anything, she won't let her teeth be checked unless I'm holding her, and even then it's like she's just about tolerating it.. [emoji38] But no one gets hurt anymore which is good, unless they don't believe me like the vet last night [emoji38] luckily he very quickly decided to trust what I was saying [emoji38]

But yea no one will handle Clementine but me, she loves my boyfriend grooms him to death every night, jumps onto his lap.. But again.. If he tried to pick her up it wouldn't go well [emoji38]

Phew! thought you were gonna say she's preggers too [emoji38] [emoji38]
Oh don't! Had that scare with her early on, when she started nesting the first time, that was a terrifying month wait, and I was trying to work out how to house loads more little Clementines [emoji38]

Yeaa she was demanding a treat when we got home, she got one because vaccination, and she hates the vet.. Was funny, vet saw Atticus first and he's just a well behaved bun now, no issue really... But then I had to give the vet a warning before I got Clementine out, as this vet hadn't seen her yet...(my other vet and all the nurses know to stay back, she's bitten like all of them.. And lunges at them [emoji51] just to say she's the sweetest bun at home and has never bitten anyone!) And I don't think he really believed me.. Because he tried to pick her up.. HUGE MISTAKE! She lost it I ended up having to hold her, she'll allow me to weirdly, whereas anyone else she does this thrashing and kicking thing and she totally cuts people to shreds with her claws.. She's so powerful [emoji38] and she starts making these weird noises... So yea I think the vet thought ehh it can't be that bad... Then quickly listened and let me do all the holding etc [emoji38] afterwards on the table I was petting her and she was sitting there, not happy but tolerating the situation, then whenever he touched her or petted her, she'd like move her body away from his touch [emoji38] she does make me laugh [emoji38]

haha, this made me laugh!

I can't remember who it was but one of mine has drawn vet's blood. I warn them now. thought they would've known already but it seems not. :roll:
& Pepper gave them trouble once. a nurse came out a bit flustered & covered in fur once when I went to pick him up from an overnight. he was obviously feeling a lot better :D

haha, this made me laugh!

I can't remember who it was but one of mine has drawn vet's blood. I warn them now. thought they would've known already but it seems not. :roll:
& Pepper gave them trouble once. a nurse came out a bit flustered & covered in fur once when I went to pick him up from an overnight. he was obviously feeling a lot better :D

Yea it's not good is it [emoji38] worst bit is when she cuts all their wrists up with her back feet, am I'm like move your wrists! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] Coz I've just seen it too many times now. Luckily doesn't happen now as they all know [emoji38]

At least he was feeling better [emoji38] good test isn't it [emoji38] it's like when Atticus picked up his syringes one by one and threw them.. I was like ah finally some spirit [emoji38]

Back