• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

John Joe Almost had to Have Abdominal Surgery Today :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.................for a suspected blockage :cry: He became acutely unwell mid morning, blood glucose 19.8, temperature 35.6, no gut sounds and very flat in himself. We held off operating and started treating with meds, fluids, heat therapy. Blood glucose monitored hourly and it began to come down. Last reading an hour ago was 10.6 He has started to nibble forage and he has a few gut sounds. No output yet, but we are hopeful the he will start to pass poo over the next few hours.

I have no idea what caused him to become so poorly, I cant see any evidence of him having eaten anything he shouldn't. Dara has been so upset, she wont leave his side and has groomed him all day almost none stop.

Time for his next lot of meds now, some poo vibes would be appreciated !!

Oh gosh, poor boy :( I'm glad he is showing signs of improvement and hope it will continue.

Sending lots and lots of poo mountain vibes.

Sorry to hear this, really hope he improves soon x sending lots of pooping vibes for him x

Aw, poor wee mite. :( Sending increased output vibes immediately. Thank goodness he started improving before it got too dire.
Healing vibes for whatever is ailing him are on the way and snuggles for both him and Dara. (((((Hugs))))

You must've been beside yourself. I'm sorry, Jane. What a scare. :( xxxxx

How awful for you,JJ, and Dara. Sending vibes he will continue to improve with your top notch care and Dara to encourage him.
May the poo be with you .

How can a Rabbit go from being almost at death's door to back to being a total hooligan in such a relatively short space of time. JJ is absolutely fine now, input and output back to normal. Crikey, I was convinced he was on his way out yesterday. I have never been so glad to be wrong xx

Omg sorry I missed this :(

They really know how to get you, don't they.. I hope he's forgotten all about it and it doesn't come back!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm convinced the exponential increase of grey hairs on my head comes directly from how often Jenna worries me these days. I hope John Joe continues to be healthy and nothing like this repeats itself. xxxx

Back