• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies at Christmas

Orenoko

Mama Doe
This is probably more for indoor buns, I was wondering what everybody's buns make of Christmas decorations? I've unpacked all my stuff and put it up today, cue the bunnies jumping around in the tinsel and generally being very curious.

I keep the tree on a table to keep it out of harm's way just in case, especially as it's plastic.

They each have a tiny stocking and tree that I've put in their room (anthropomorphising I know but I can't help myself!). I don't ever buy them anything for Christmas though haha.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

This is probably more for indoor buns, I was wondering what everybody's buns make of Christmas decorations? I've unpacked all my stuff and put it up today, cue the bunnies jumping around in the tinsel and generally being very curious.

I keep the tree on a table to keep it out of harm's way just in case, especially as it's plastic.

They each have a tiny stocking and tree that I've put in their room (anthropomorphising I know but I can't help myself!). I don't ever buy them anything for Christmas though haha.

I dont 'do' Christmas, so no decorations here. Yep, I'm a certified Grinch :lol:

I put the tree up yesterday. It's a local pine tree, so safe for chewing. Decorations are out of reach though. No tinsel or anything made of plastic anyway.

Buns have shown absolutely no interest in it at all. Well Archie did scent the tree stand multiple times. Lol
Yet two years they wouldn't stop eating it and had lovely line smelling breath. Hahaha

I put the tree up yesterday. It's a local pine tree, so safe for chewing. Decorations are out of reach though. No tinsel or anything made of plastic anyway.

Buns have shown absolutely no interest in it at all. Well Archie did scent the tree stand multiple times. Lol
Yet two years they wouldn't stop eating it and had lovely line smelling breath. Hahaha
Awww pine breath yum! I feel bad having a plastic one but bought it a few years back so I'm keeping it as long as I can to minimise the harm...

Awww. :love: I hope they enjoy them :D

Dilly and Susan will have a string of baubles - sprouts on a string, they will have a garland round their door =raspberry cane from the garden with apple tree twigs. My beautiful rainbow rabbit Cuthbert loved baubles on my tree. I hope this video works
VID-20171225-WA0010[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Dilly and Susan will have a string of baubles - sprouts on a string, they will have a garland round their door =raspberry cane from the garden with apple tree twigs. My beautiful rainbow rabbit Cuthbert loved baubles on my tree. I hope this video works
VID-20171225-WA0010[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

That video is amazing :love: I don’t do anything Christmassy for the bunnies in their room, bah humbug :lol: and both of them don’t like change, Frosty hates the Christmas tree going up and taking up binky space in the living room, here he is 2 years ago when the tree has just gone up :lol: The look of disgust on his face :lol:
1NLb1TR.jpg

That video is amazing :love: I don’t do anything Christmassy for the bunnies in their room, bah humbug :lol: and both of them don’t like change, Frosty hates the Christmas tree going up and taking up binky space in the living room, here he is 2 years ago when the tree has just gone up :lol: The look of disgust on his face :lol:
1NLb1TR.jpg

That little disgruntled face says it all ! :lol:

1NLb1TR.jpg

That's so adorable! My tree is up on a table which Lilac is currently sitting under so I think she approves.

Oh my, Cuthbert trying to chin baubles! :lol: That's beyond adorable! :love:

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my cat from destroying my Christmas decor without having to hang it all from the ceiling. :( :?

I love the photo of Frosty too. :lol: You'd think with his name he'd be all for Christmas! :D

I used to string lights around the tops of the buns' enclosures, high enough so there wasn't any way they could reach them. They all had wee stockings too but I think they were lost in the move. :(

The holidays are definitely more...ahem...interesting when bunnies are involved! :lol:

Ahhh, these photos are almost wanting to make me drag my trees out . I'm going to put my bigger one in the lounge this year as I don't think the downstairs bunnies will do anything to it. Joey & Boo couldn't be trusted so it had to go on a stand or table in past years

I always have a tree in my work room which houses bunnies too so they have a tree. Santa fills their stockings on Christmas Eve.

My completely free bunnies sleep under the tree downstairs and they and the cats hang their stockings for Santa on Christmas Eve too

Lovely thread! My rabbits have their own room (indoor pair) or shed (outdoor quad) so dont get a look at the decs or the tree.

The guinea pigs will get Christmas fleece in their cage nearer the big day.

I dont 'do' Christmas, so no decorations here. Yep, I'm a certified Grinch :lol:
dear jack,s-jane,-it might be your good fortune to be a Grinch,-for-FIR trees are listed as toxic-please pass the word.--I encourage everyone extreme caution and go online to rethink having a pine/fir tree anywhere near your rabbit/s--[the spruce pets]-safe/toxic woods and other plants for rabbits.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Ahhh, these photos are almost wanting to make me drag my trees out . I'm going to put my bigger one in the lounge this year as I don't think the downstairs bunnies will do anything to it. Joey & Boo couldn't be trusted so it had to go on a stand or table in past years

Nom nom says Mousey
Ap3u3yTl.jpg

It seems I don't know my bunnies as well as I thought

Back