• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buddy is "lounging" alot lately

daveFelton

New Kit
So recently, whenever I come into the room, Buddy is just sorta laying around...he doesnt even get up when i come into the room like he used to, he just lays there. I've also noticed that his "stuff" is dropping (he is about 3 months old), so i was wondering if this had anything to do w/his maturing sexually or something.

Maybe he is reaching his "Kevin the teenager" stage :wink:! Refusing to leave the room, grunting a lot, finding anything remotely attractive (watch your feet :lol: ) - just like my younger bro :D .

Actually lounging around and becoming less active wasn't anything I noticed with Zeus however someone else may have come across this.

Is he still eating and going to the toilet alright and looks well though?

Caz

okay...so on top of the lounging buddy has a swollen eye. not really the whole eye, but at the front of the eye where it seems the tear duct is. it is swollen pretty noticably. He also has a little bit of pus build up near that tear duct on his eye. while holding him the other day i touched it w/my finger and he didnt flinch or anything...so i guess it doesnt hurt him, but im really scared...

also, he has a mouth sore. on the outside of his mouth, right under his lower lip. i made and appt. to see the vet tomorrow, but we're experiencing a blizzard right now here in cincinnati. already got like 8 inches of snow...and an estimated 10 more thru tomorrow, so i doubt im gonna be able to get out...then the DR is out on friday, then im out of town for the next week...

so concerned.. :(

d

It sounds like he might have an eye infection. You need to bathe his eye with water (boil it and then let it cool so it is sterile, then add a pinch of salt). Use cotton wool to gently bath the gunk out of his eye. His tear duct may be blocked which could be causing the sweeling in the corner. Gently massage from just below the corner of the eye upwards, this might cause more puss to come out of the tear duct which you can then wipe away. Do this several times a day.

Have you tried phoning the vets? If you explain the situation they may be able to squeeze you in somewhere or see you at the end.

Tam

well his eye is actually getting better, what seems to be on its own. the pus is gone and the swelling is beginning to lessen.

what still concerns me is the mouth sore. anyone have any experience with these things? i cant really explain how it looks, but it doenst seem to be getting any better. the vet cancelled the appt on thurs due to the snow and didnt take patients on fri or sat b.c of the holiday. im thinking about looking up one of the24 hour care centers and taking him before i leave for vacation tomorrow. what do you guys think?

thanks tons for the advice

d

I think it would be a good idea still to take him to the vet Dave, it will help to settle your mind. Not sure what the mouth thing is though, is it weepy or just a lump or a scab (like a cold sore)?

Back