• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny gave birth!!! *story*

Hi! Ok, so a few months ago, before I knew Kiwi was a boy, I let him and another (female) bunny play. Me and the other bunny mom immediately noticed kiwi trying to hump the other bunny (Willow) and separated them. We looked it up online and discovered that it was ok for 2 girls to hump each other and it was a dominance thing. We even got my mom to check Kiwi and saw no *ahem* man parts. He was only 4 months old though, so it was pretty hard to tell. Anyways, we just let them hump each other and hoped they would figure it out, and assuming you read the title, I bet you know how that ended :lol: Well, Sam just called me yesterday saying she thought Willow could be pregnant bc she noticed her making a nest, plucking fur, and she had also gained a lot of weight and consumed a lot more hay. At the time we had already figured out that Kiwi was a boy, but we really didn't think Willow was pregnant! So tonight when Sam got back from her friends house, she noticed Willow sitting in her nest and saw 4 healthy pink babies!! She immediately called me and sent pictures. They are still only a few hours old, but none were still born, and they all appear large and healthy ;) I'm so excited for them to grow and see how they will look bc Kiwi is a broken blue tort holland lop, and Willow is a harlequin dwarf bunny (we're not sure exactly which breed, but she's def a dwarf, like 2 1/2 pounds!) we're wondering if they'll have floppy ears or upright ears or maybe one of each!
Anyways, if you guys have any advice I could give to Sam to make sure the babies grow up healthy, it would be greatly appreciated :love:

Hi! Ok, so a few months ago, before I knew Kiwi was a boy, I let him and another (female) bunny play. Me and the other bunny mom immediately noticed kiwi trying to hump the other bunny (Willow) and separated them. We looked it up online and discovered that it was ok for 2 girls to hump each other and it was a dominance thing. We even got my mom to check Kiwi and saw no *ahem* man parts. He was only 4 months old though, so it was pretty hard to tell. Anyways, we just let them hump each other and hoped they would figure it out, and assuming you read the title, I bet you know how that ended :lol: Well, Sam just called me yesterday saying she thought Willow could be pregnant bc she noticed her making a nest, plucking fur, and she had also gained a lot of weight and consumed a lot more hay. At the time we had already figured out that Kiwi was a boy, but we really didn't think Willow was pregnant! So tonight when Sam got back from her friends house, she noticed Willow sitting in her nest and saw 4 healthy pink babies!! She immediately called me and sent pictures. They are still only a few hours old, but none were still born, and they all appear large and healthy ;) I'm so excited for them to grow and see how they will look bc Kiwi is a broken blue tort holland lop, and Willow is a harlequin dwarf bunny (we're not sure exactly which breed, but she's def a dwarf, like 2 1/2 pounds!) we're wondering if they'll have floppy ears or upright ears or maybe one of each!
Anyways, if you guys have any advice I could give to Sam to make sure the babies grow up healthy, it would be greatly appreciated :love:

This thread may be useful to read and share with Sam

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327923-Accidental-Litters-and-Taking-on-Babies

Back