• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsy's dating profile UD p23 date arranged!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Inspired by my thread which found us Aboleth (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...bun-Would-Like-To-Meet-U-D-1st-date-arranged!), I've decided to update Lopsy's dating profile.

Matt's preferences: must be able to eat forage and hay and things normally, must be able to fit through 6" tubes, should be able to reach the top of the run to get bramble down, not black & white, not a lop.

My preferences: As first two, should be ready to live outside now but can be acclimatised, between 5 and 7 years old, prefers rabbit company to humans, doesn't need much grooming, able to mug Lopsy for food if not tall enough to reach the run top.

Lopsy's preferences: Tolerant of not being groomed much, doesn't fight for food, enjoys being jumped on, run into, generally accidentally harassed...!

We think trying a (neutered) female would be easiest but we're open to anything XD

Last edited:
Very much understand and agree with all of your preferences, apart from the age restriction. That would be less important to me.

Good luck Lopsy bun :)

Sounds good :thumb: As Omi said, I’d not be too worried about age, I was looking for somebunny of a similar age to Frosty but he ended up with a much younger bunny in Fern :love: Good luck finding a suitable partner :love:

The age is pretty flexible: we're starting with older buns, partly because they aren't always as desirable/rehomable, but we'll be happy with any age :)

This description almost sounds like Annie. She's a grey Nethie x, 7 years old, spayed, outside, and very lonely. She is a worry now she lost her friend but I don't have a spare bunny. She eats all I give her, never had a health problem. I've had her 6 years. Pity I am not nearer.

This description almost sounds like Annie. She's a grey Nethie x, 7 years old, spayed, outside, and very lonely. She is a worry now she lost her friend but I don't have a spare bunny. She eats all I give her, never had a health problem. I've had her 6 years. Pity I am not nearer.
Aww, she sounds lovely, I hope you find her someone! OH is a bit worried a Nethie wouldn't reach to get things from the top of the run, but then I told him she'd just mug Lopsy until he dropped it, Aboleth got very good at that XD Nethies will always be my first bunny love XD

Honeybunnies has a lot of pairs, but I find Facebook pages really hard to navigate so I don't really know WHAT they've got XD They're next on the list to contact once Burrowed Hearts (my very local rescue) has gotten back to me :) Laura has a couple of lovely 5yo lionhead chinchilla girls (for separate rehoming!). I've also contacted RSPCA Walsall but I think the rabbit on Rabbit Rehome doesn't exist ;P

tulsi, I'm often the one doing the runs XD I'm pretty willing to travel, but some bunnies aren't! Being in Nottingham is super convenient for getting pretty much anywhere in mainland England and Wales.

keletkezes;[B said:
7133802]Honeybunnies has a lot of pairs, but I find Facebook pages really hard to navigate so I don't really know WHAT they've got XD [/B]They're next on the list to contact once Burrowed Hearts (my very local rescue) has gotten back to me :) Laura has a couple of lovely 5yo lionhead chinchilla girls (for separate rehoming!). I've also contacted RSPCA Walsall but I think the rabbit on Rabbit Rehome doesn't exist ;P

tulsi, I'm often the one doing the runs XD I'm pretty willing to travel, but some bunnies aren't! Being in Nottingham is super convenient for getting pretty much anywhere in mainland England and Wales.

Yes - I agree.
I think Jill used to post on here more but didn't find she got a lot of response (don't quote me on that, but I think that's what happened - Facebook seems to have taken over so much).

Honeybunnies has a lot of pairs, but I find Facebook pages really hard to navigate so I don't really know WHAT they've got XD They're next on the list to contact once Burrowed Hearts (my very local rescue) has gotten back to me :) Laura has a couple of lovely 5yo lionhead chinchilla girls (for separate rehoming!). I've also contacted RSPCA Walsall but I think the rabbit on Rabbit Rehome doesn't exist ;P

I don’t use Facebook, and I think rescues are so busy they might not be able to update their website etc, so it’s worth messaging them somehow to put feelers out. BARC is not too far from you either.

I don’t use Facebook, and I think rescues are so busy they might not be able to update their website etc, so it’s worth messaging them somehow to put feelers out. BARC is not too far from you either.
Thanks Zoobec, good point. I'd had a look at BARC and they were also on the list.

Looks like I might have some options at Burrowed Hearts :D The older girls are being spayed Tuesday but I'm happy to wait for the right rabbit :)

Smooth spay & recovery vibes. How long might it be?
Don't know. Being 5yo we're not anticipating anything, fast or slow, good or bad! I expect we'll be waiting until after Christmas as I'm away for a week mid-December and then we're away for a time yet to be determined over Christmas itself. January's good for us though, very little going on :)

At worst we could even take Lopsy with us over Christmas: he travels better than Aboleth did (she was the one we never wanted to take anywhere) but it depends on how much space we can eke out for him in Burnley! Need to discuss with Matt's parents, and kinda depends on what the weather's going to be like which we won't know until the week before at the earliest. The longer we're away, the more likely he is to come with us, as it gives settling time as well as being less hassle for our volunteer bunny sitter.

Back