PDA

View Full Version : Snowy isnt doing well

nap91
12-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Went to bed last night to find her flopped (in her uncomfortable way) and not eating. Did all the usual medicines and syringed her some baby food as this is usually enough to sort her out. I woke up in the early hours to check but still no improvement. Repeated all the medicine and syringe fed before work. Rang the vets but no appointments available til 3pm. Didnt want to leave her at home so Ive brought her to work with me. (My school are very good like that and the children in my class are being very respectful of her).

No change though. I hope shes going to be ok :(

Here she is having a little wander around my classroom

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191112/9d950c84d4d9644f4ee4fc9970e8bdab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoobec
12-11-2019, 11:18 AM
I hope she is feeling better soon, sending lots of vibes for her xx

Omi
12-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Sending loads of vibes for Snowy. I hope the vet visit goes well for her and that she soon feels better.

Cuthbert&Dillon
12-11-2019, 01:17 PM
Topping up the vibes for Snowy

joey&boo
12-11-2019, 01:41 PM
Lots of vibes for gorgeous Snowy xx

nap91
12-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Shes not improved at all over the morning. Vets agreed to see her earlier so husband just rushed her in. I couldnt bare to lose her :cry:

Scrappy's Little Helper
12-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Oh no poor Snowy [emoji17] I'm glad you managed to get an earlier appointment. I really hope they can figure out what's wrong and that she'll be on the mend soon xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Jack's-Jane
12-11-2019, 02:10 PM
:cry: I hope that she will be OK xx

nap91
12-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Shes on fluids and has been admitted til 6.30 :cry: They said she was very dehydrated.

I know shes in the best place but the vet couldnt say what the outcome will be :cry:

Jack's-Jane
12-11-2019, 02:52 PM
She’s on fluids and has been admitted til 6.30 :cry: They said she was very dehydrated.

I know she’s in the best place but the vet couldn’t say what the outcome will be :cry:

Well fluids are usually extremely beneficial in cases of gut stasis. Did the Vet check Snowy's blood glucose ?

Omi
12-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Sending lots more vibes for her. I hope the fluids help.

Zoobec
12-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Topping up the vibes for her xx

nap91
12-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Well fluids are usually extremely beneficial in cases of gut stasis. Did the Vet check Snowy's blood glucose ?

Not sure as only managed a quick call due to work. Just rang the vets for an update and shes no worse but still cold. Shes taken 20ml of recovery food. I hope shell be ok :(

Thanks for the messages everyone.

keletkezes
12-11-2019, 04:21 PM
Best wishes for Snowy xx

Scrappy's Little Helper
12-11-2019, 04:36 PM
I don't know if this helps at all, but quite a while back I had to take Fudgie to the emergency vet as she was going into gut stasis. They gave her metaclop and pain relief, and I syringe fed her during the night. She was getting worse rather than better so I took her back early the next morning. On the second examination there were no gut sounds, despite the gut stimulant and syringe feeds, and her temperature had dropped significantly. I was convinced she wasn't going to recover.

They kept her in all day and overnight and after several hours in an incubator they managed to get her temperature back up and kick started her gut. She went on to make a full, albeit slow, recovery.

I just thought I'd tell you that to give you hope that it can be turned round, although I know it's impossible not to worry when they have to be admitted. I would also be encouraged by the fact she's taking the syringe feeds well.

Sending lots of vibes for Snowy, I hope you get a more positive update from the vet this evening.xx

Barn Yard Bunnies
12-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Hope Snowy improves at the vet. Xxx

kattymieoww
12-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Sending vibes for wee Snowy.x

nap91
12-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Just picked her up. Shes not great. Still not eating and I have to syringe her every 2 hours throughout the night then take her back tomorrow if no improvement [emoji20]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191112/900e88597579c8ec0612f17b6eaf8f08.jpg

nap91
12-11-2019, 07:45 PM
I don't know if this helps at all, but quite a while back I had to take Fudgie to the emergency vet as she was going into gut stasis. They gave her metaclop and pain relief, and I syringe fed her during the night. She was getting worse rather than better so I took her back early the next morning. On the second examination there were no gut sounds, despite the gut stimulant and syringe feeds, and her temperature had dropped significantly. I was convinced she wasn't going to recover.

They kept her in all day and overnight and after several hours in an incubator they managed to get her temperature back up and kick started her gut. She went on to make a full, albeit slow, recovery.

I just thought I'd tell you that to give you hope that it can be turned round, although I know it's impossible not to worry when they have to be admitted. I would also be encouraged by the fact she's taking the syringe feeds well.

Sending lots of vibes for Snowy, I hope you get a more positive update from the vet this evening.xx

Thank you. That sounds very similar to Snowy. Shes just looks so weak and ill, more than usual and shes not resisting anything just sitting so still. Im so worried Im going to lose her :cry:

tonibun
12-11-2019, 08:11 PM
I hope Snowy improves overnight. xx

Craig 1965
12-11-2019, 08:18 PM
Sending billions of vibes for Snowy. Will be thinking of her all night. Lillian and Henry send nose bumps.
We hope Snowy improves through the night. xx

Omi
12-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Sending loads more vibes for Snowy. I hope she starts to improve overnight.

mini lop1
12-11-2019, 08:35 PM
Lots of vibes for snowy xxx

Scrappy's Little Helper
12-11-2019, 08:49 PM
Aww poor Snowy, she does look sorry for herself [emoji17]

Did the vet say whether they managed to get her temperature up and whether she did any poos?

Also, you've probably seen this question asked a dozen times on here, but do you know if the vet gave her vetergesic today? If they did then that could explain why she's so quiet now.

joey&boo
12-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Aww :( I feel for you both. I so hope things pick up very soon. i hope you have some help syringe feeding too - your job can't be easy at the best of times without doing it on no sleep & lots of stress xx

nap91
12-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Aww poor Snowy, she does look sorry for herself [emoji17]

Did the vet say whether they managed to get her temperature up and whether she did any poos?

Also, you've probably seen this question asked a dozen times on here, but do you know if the vet gave her vetergesic today? If they did then that could explain why she's so quiet now.

She did none whilst there but has done 5 since coming home. Can't see vetergesic on the bill so don't think so. Her temp was 35 when she went in and 38 when she left. We're currently snuggled with a hot water bottle trying to keep warm.

Aww :( I feel for you both. I so hope things pick up very soon. i hope you have some help syringe feeding too - your job can't be easy at the best of times without doing it on no sleep & lots of stress xx

Thank you. Unfortunately just me again tonight as husband is on nights. Really hoping she picks up soon but not looking likely at the moment! :?

Scrappy's Little Helper
12-11-2019, 09:40 PM
It's very encouraging that she has passed some poops and that she's warmer now. I think keeping her snuggled up with the hot water bottle is a really good idea.

I know it's going to be a long night for you but I hope you manage to catch a couple of hours sleep here and there.

I've got everything crossed that Snowy starts to perk up a bit overnight xx

nap91
12-11-2019, 09:51 PM
It's very encouraging that she has passed some poops and that she's warmer now. I think keeping her snuggled up with the hot water bottle is a really good idea.

I know it's going to be a long night for you but I hope you manage to catch a couple of hours sleep here and there.

I've got everything crossed that Snowy starts to perk up a bit overnight xx

Thank you :)

A bit of light relief in all this, I just caught her running into the bathroom (something she never does) then found her like this:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191112/ce99a90d853d68a167d4e55808f53829.jpg

My husband said jokingly she must need the toilet then a couple of minutes later shed left a puddle on the floor :lol: :lol:

joey&boo
12-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Oh Snowy, you're such a character even when you're poorly:love:

Zoobec
12-11-2019, 10:40 PM
Sending lots more vibes and hugs xx

nap91
13-11-2019, 05:26 AM
I think Im losing her :cry: :cry:

Jack's-Jane
13-11-2019, 06:04 AM
I think I’m losing her :cry: :cry:

Oh no, in the 'bathroom' picture her stance is that of one of a Bunny with bad tummy pain :cry: Can you get her to a Vet straight away as I think the Vet needs to consider the possibility of a full GI tract obstruction. The Vet needs to do another full physical examination, a blood glucose test and an abdominal Xray.

I really hope she can pull through :cry:

nap91
13-11-2019, 06:10 AM
I almost rang the emergency vet just now but its over half an hour away and Ill be honest I dont think shell make the trip. Shes currently sat inside the duvet with me on a hot water bottle, cuddling me.

Ive been feeding her every two hours as the vet said, at 4.30am her temp just suddenly dropped and her breathing slowed right down. She doesnt look in pain (shes had pain relief anyway) but I just think, Id rather she die where she feels safest rather than stressed on the way to the vets :cry:

bunny momma
13-11-2019, 06:14 AM
I am so sorry Snowy is not responding quickly to the medications/supportive care. Does she have adequate pain management? Some vets will dose on the lower side because some pain meds can slow the gut/bunny. I hope she will soon show some sides of improvement. Gentle side/tummy massages can sometimes help to relieve gas which can build up quickly.
Sending you and Snowy tons of vibes and some hugs.

Jack's-Jane
13-11-2019, 06:35 AM
I almost rang the emergency vet just now but its over half an hour away and Ill be honest I dont think shell make the trip. Shes currently sat inside the duvet with me on a hot water bottle, cuddling me.

Ive been feeding her every two hours as the vet said, at 4.30am her temp just suddenly dropped and her breathing slowed right down. She doesnt look in pain (shes had pain relief anyway) but I just think, Id rather she die where she feels safest rather than stressed on the way to the vets :cry:

OK, personally I would not feed her any more. If she has obstructed there will be no-where for the food to go. Also, I would not attempt any abdominal massage as this could cause a rupture if she has obstructed. Just do as you are doing, comfort her and keep her warm :cry:

nap91
13-11-2019, 06:44 AM
OK, personally I would not feed her any more. If she has obstructed there will be no-where for the food to go. Also, I would not attempt any abdominal massage as this could cause a rupture if she has obstructed. Just do as you are doing, comfort her and keep her warm :cry:

She is still pooing, every time she moves several fall out. Could she still be obstructed even with that happening?

She really did not want the last feed anyway. She seems very content at the moment, as much as can be expected. Part of me feels guilty that I am not taking her to the emergency vet but for her I think I am doing the right thing right now. Shes a fragile thing at the best of times and travelling/bring away from home stresses her out.

Graciee
13-11-2019, 07:02 AM
She is still pooing, every time she moves several fall out. Could she still be obstructed even with that happening?

She really did not want the last feed anyway. She seems very content at the moment, as much as can be expected. Part of me feels guilty that I am not taking her to the emergency vet but for her I think I am doing the right thing right now. Shes a fragile thing at the best of times and travelling/bring away from home stresses her out.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this :'(

I think the poops are positive, how much did they suggest you feed every 2 hours? Was she receiving the same schedule at the vets before?

Sending you both a million vibes xxx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Craig 1965
13-11-2019, 07:07 AM
Sending more vibes for poor Snowy - and I agree with Graciee that the poops are a positive. xx

nap91
13-11-2019, 07:09 AM
Shes definitely dying :cry:

nap91
13-11-2019, 07:12 AM
Shes gone

Craig 1965
13-11-2019, 07:36 AM
Oh I am Heartbroken to read this. You did everything you could for little Snowy and filled her life full of the warmth and kindness and love she deserved.
Binkey free beautiful little Snowy. xx

nap91
13-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Im distraught. My husband is too and seeing him makes it even harder. I take some comfort from knowing she died in my arms purring as I stroked her nose. We gave her the best life we could for the two and a half years we had her to make up for her rubbish start in life. She was so happy but so fragile. I think this time it just got the better of her. I just wish we couldve had her longer and I hope that Phillip will be ok. Weve put her body in the spare room but hes more interested in eating the hay next to her. I dont know what to do :cry:

Zoobec
13-11-2019, 07:50 AM
Oh no :cry: I’m so so sorry :cry: you did everything you could for her.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Snowy xx

bunny momma
13-11-2019, 08:25 AM
As I learned recently, sometimes all you can do is provide comfort as they say their final goodbyes.
You were right to not have her spend her final moments going to er vet. She was surrounded by love when she passed.
Sending my deepest condolances to you ,your husband and Phillip.

Omi
13-11-2019, 08:31 AM
I am so sorry to read your sad news about beautiful Snowy :cry: Sending lots of hugs.

tonibun
13-11-2019, 09:00 AM
I am so sorry you have lost Snowy. :cry:

Jemima
13-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Im so sorry, you made the right decision for her. Binky free Snowy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Graciee
13-11-2019, 09:37 AM
I'm so sorry :'(

I think you made the absolute best decision for her xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

keletkezes
13-11-2019, 09:38 AM
I'm so sorry :( Best wishes to you all xx

joey&boo
13-11-2019, 09:46 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news, sleep tight beautiful Snowy xx

kattymieoww
13-11-2019, 10:56 AM
I'm so sorry you lost her,at least as you say you were with her and she was surrounded by love.Binky free beautiful Snowy.:(

Cuthbert&Dillon
13-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Oh I am so very very sorry to read this, thank goodness she had you and your OH after her bad start. Sending lots of love to you both and Philip.

Scrappy's Little Helper
13-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Oh no I'm sorry to hear this news [emoji17] I always had such a soft spot for Snowy and was really rooting for her to get better.

I hope you get some comfort from the fact that she had a wonderful life with you and Phillip, the life she deserved to have.

I can only echo what others have said in that I think you were right to let her have a peaceful passing at home. I was in a similar situation with one of my bridge buns. I rushed him to the emergency vet even though I knew I was losing him. Sadly he passed away in the taxi on the journey. It's a decision I bitterly regret as he ended up having a very stressful passing. So, I can say with no shadow of a doubt that you absolutely did the right thing by Snowy.

Sleep tight Snowy xx

joey&boo
13-11-2019, 12:24 PM
I echo others, 100% you did the right thing by snowy from the day you brought her home to her last breath xxx

Jack's-Jane
13-11-2019, 02:19 PM
So very sorry that she was not able to recover :cry:

RIP Snowy xx

Pets mum
13-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Oh no I'm so very sorry that you have lost beautiful Snowy, you did everything possible xx Binky free Snowy xx

OliveTree
13-11-2019, 04:37 PM
I'm so sorry :cry:

nap91
13-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone. We miss her a lot, she was one of those one of a kind rabbits that was just an utter joy to be around all of the time. Her and Phillip made each other so happy. She had such a little personality.

Here is the last photo I took of her

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191113/05d2f5e10239165abc6a86ebc42b2153.jpg

Scrappy's Little Helper
13-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Thanks everyone. We miss her a lot, she was one of those one of a kind rabbits that was just an utter joy to be around all of the time. Her and Phillip made each other so happy. She had such a little personality.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPrecious angel xx

Craig 1965
13-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Beautiful little angel - sweet, floofy and had the best life ever with Philip and you. xx

joey&boo
13-11-2019, 08:54 PM
She was gorgeous through & through. Still thinking of you, OH & Phillip - Rudey sends loves to his glossy black bunny cyber friend xx

MimzMum
13-11-2019, 09:46 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of Snowy. :cry: What a beautiful wee soul. I'm with everyone else as to your decision to keep her home. I know seeing her pass must have been so hard. Bless you for keeping her needs foremost.

Hoping you and your OH and Phillip find comfort with each other at this very sad time. Thinking of you all. Sleep well, Snowy. xxxxx

loobers25
14-11-2019, 10:19 PM
I can't believe your Snowy has gone to the bridge - I am really sorry she had to go. I have been in tears, this is just such a shock and so sad. She had an absolutely bunderful bunderful life with you and Phillip. I also think you are a really brave bunny mum being there and allowing Snowy to pass so comfortably. I hope Phillip is ok. Dennis and Maple said you are welcome to come and visit their warren if you are ever feeling sad. Sending so much love and nose nudges xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk