• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing the pack (and their 2footed pets)

Bramblespack

Warren Scout
Since we've been lurking here a while, I thought we ought to introduce ourselves.

We're owned by a pack of 16 bunnies, formerly 18 but their leader Bramble decided to expand and start the pack at the Rainbow Bridge, helped by Damson and Birch, we've since gained another, and soon to get two more to take the pack back to 18.

They are all fully bonded and live together as a colony in the house. There are 6 males - Blackberry (dominant), Hawthorn, Tayberry, Blackthorn, Hazel and Teasle, and 10 females - Elderberry, Blueberry (joint dominant), Loganberry, Mayflower, Nettle, Hop, Bittersweet, Henbane, Cowslipand most recently joined Marjorem.

Not forgetting their pet 2foots, us Claire and Anthony!

Bramblespack said:
They are all fully bonded and live together as a colony in the house. There are 6 males - Blackberry (dominant), Hawthorn, Tayberry, Blackthorn, Hazel and Teasle, and 10 females - Elderberry, Blueberry (joint dominant), Loganberry, Mayflower, Nettle, Hop, Bittersweet, Henbane, Cowslipand most recently joined Marjorem.

Not forgetting their pet 2foots, us Claire and Anthony!

Wow, I would love to have a pack of rabbits!

Welcome to the forum :)

Is that Margot from the BunnyCamp sanctuary I spotted in your photos? Have you adopted her? If so thats great! I know she's been waiting forever for a home.

Tam

It is Margot from Bunny Camp, we've paired her up with Hawthorn who was very depressed when Bramble left. At points she looke slightly scared when we said Margot so we changed her name to Marjorem which she seems quite happy with.

Hi Claire and Anthony, jeez you've got no room for furniture, it must be wonderful to have them all pinging about the house! Lucky you! Have you got any pics?

Hi Claire & Anthony ':wave:' What a lot of work you must have with all those bunnies :lol: I have looked at them in webshots and they are all LOVELY ':love:'

Hiya.. welcome to the forum
Lovely rabbits.. i especially would like to come rabbitnap Cowslip.. looks a little like my Simba and id like a pair one day :lol:

hi bramblespack

HOW DO YOU DO IT!!!! :lol: I AM LUCKY ALSO I HAVE 9 RABBITS OUTSIDE RABBITS THOUGH.. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU BOND ALL THOSE BUNNYS?????

I HAVE MY DOE, HER 6 BABIES 7 WEEKS OLD WHICH ARE ALL TOGTHER AT THE MOMENT BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD TO SEPARATE AT 10 WEEKS. AND I ASLO HAVE THERE FATHER (HE IS SEPARATE TO HER AND THE KIDS) AND A SEPARATE BUCK... I WOULD SO LOVE TO KNOW HOW TO BOND THEM ALTOGETHER BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD BUCKS FIGHT TO THE DEATH AND FEMALES ARE TERRITORIAL.......

YOU HELP WOULD BE SO APPREICATED,

THANKS AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON IF YOU HAVE THE TIME WITH ALL THOSE BUNNIES EVE X

Hi Eve,

First thing is that they need to be done especially the adults and the dominant doe (probably the mother). THe next thing is to seperate out any bucks from the litter from the does (as otherwise you will get a lot of baby bunnies). Try to keep the bucks in groups of at least 2 (unless they try killing each other). Reintroduce the buns together once the bucks have been neutered in a large area. Keep them in a large area with hiding holes - as big as possible. Some fighting may occur between the buns to set up there position within the group but this should die down. If the fighting gets serious - ie boxing and the bunnies trying to rip chucks out of each other then they might not work together. It should also be said that some people may disagree with this but it does work... Finally you need more does than bucks - at least 2 to a buck as this is how rabbits behave in the wild. Also another final commnet. Once you've got it set up with at least ten buns it becomes easy to introduce any more...

hi there bramblespack are you saying when i sex them and take the bucks away to keep them together?, they live in the shed and i am not moving in ha ha ha!!!!!

how will i know they are not killing each other?

also have you got any pics of your rabbits garden enclosure i am having on built and are looking for some ideas

bunnylove xx

Back