• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny: meet Banana :)

EyerollChamp

Alpha Buck
So before Luna went downhill we started arranging an adoption of an 18 month old Belgian Hare. The plan was to adopt a male bunny to bond her with... But then we lost Luna :'(

So we picked her up today as planned and when they're ready I will bond her with Lupin. She's enormous and beautiful and I really hope they get on!

Luna cannot be replaced but this new bunny has stolen all our hearts. I've named her Banana - firstly because my favourite author is Banana Yoshimoto, and secondly because it's just fun to say "Hey, Banana!"

Lupin is not impressed so far but early days lol. I'll swap them over for a bit later so she can get some exercise and explore a bit.

She's a little underweight and her claws need trimming but otherwise she seems very healthy. <3

Well I came down to total carnage today. Poo and wee everywhere, litter trays turned upside down, living room stinks. Banana is now having an explore while Lupin is indignant at being locked in a crate. I don't think Banana has had much decent hay in her diet, her poops look and smell a bit high-protein. The idea of a litter tray seems alien to her.

I forgot how much fun new bunnies are :/

Fingers crossed it’s ‘just’ territorial marking :shock: I’ll always remember when I first got my bridge bunny, Boots, he pooped all over the living room floor the first day, and then quickly the poo tide mark receded back to the litter tray in the corner :lol: a long handled dustpan and brush became my friend :lol:

No she's miiiiiiiine!

Well in just 48 hours her poop is almost golden and far less smelly. It's a bit too oval for my liking though. Doesn't look like double-pills but no other symptoms of Megacolon so maybe it's just the stress of moving.

She's settling in well though, her binkies are AMAZING but she keeps chewing our trousers lol.

I'm sick rn but will try some supervised face-to-face when I'm better.

Back