• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Losing Luna :'( Update: she's gone. I'm in bits.

EyerollChamp

Alpha Buck
She's lost almost half her body weight in about 2 months, she has a UTI and she's just not right. One more week of antibiotics and if she's no better that's it. This one's gonna bruise :,(

When she came to me, she was extremely aggressive. No rescues would take her. She was due to be put down but a couple of lovely forum members teamed up to drive her across country to me.

We built her a massive enclosure, vaccinated and spayed her, given her a mate and lots of love. She's had fresh forage most days, fresh herbs when I haven't been able to go. She now has free range of the house and garden and she's the most affectionate, placid bunny I've ever owned.

She suffered in ways I don't like to think about for the first 4 years of her life and only had 3 1/2 good ones. It's not enough. It will never be enough.

I don't know how to post photos on here anymore but imagine I posted a nice one of her having a cuddle on my lap. Because that's what she loves now.

EDIT:

So she went downhill very quickly. She could barely lift herself to her feet so I had her put to sleep. The vet agreed it was the right decision. I held her as she went.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to see this :( I remember you getting Luna. Sending her lots of vibes and hoping that the abx start to work.

How's little Wren?

I'm very sorry to see this :( I remember you getting Luna. Sending her lots of vibes and hoping that the abx start to work.

How's little Wren?

Thanks Omi. How are you? Wren is great, nearly 3 now! She's obsessed with bunnies, no idea where she gets it from

I am sorry to read this post. I am sending vibes for Luna and hope the antibiotics will work for her. xx

Oh no, poor Luna. :( It's not fair that she had a rubbish start to life as you've said and I saw how miserable she was when I took her from her 2nd home a week before she was going to be PTS, but she won't remember any of this. She'll just remember the love and brilliant care she's had from you. Thinking of you all x

So sorry to hear about Luna, I'm sending her loads of vibes that the abx will work for her. It's lovely to hear that she has become a contented loving cuddle bun, she obviously knows she is very much loved. Sorry your photo link doesn't appear to work, but I'm imagining her having a cuddle x

I'm so sorry to hear this news. :( I know how you feel about never having enough time. :cry:

Thinking of you and Luna and Wren and hoping for whatever blessing is needed to give you all more time to make happy memories together. xxxxxxx

So sorry to hear about Luna, I'm sending her loads of vibes that the abx will work for her. It's lovely to hear that she has become a contented loving cuddle bun, she obviously knows she is very much loved. Sorry your photo link doesn't appear to work, but I'm imagining her having a cuddle x

Thank you <3

It's probably because I've had to lock my Insta due to a cyberstalker. Maybe I'll figure out the photobucket thing xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this news. :( I know how you feel about never having enough time. :cry:

Thinking of you and Luna and Wren and hoping for whatever blessing is needed to give you all more time to make happy memories together. xxxxxxx

Bless you Mimz. I hope you and yours are all good too xxx

I am sorry to hear that Luna is so poorly. Has the Vet run any diagnostics- a full blood profile ?

Thanks Jane. Yeah nothing in her blood, just protein in her urine and she's incontinent. Still eating and golden poop, her teeth are fine but she's lost so much weight, is hobbling around and isn't responding to antibiotics. She's very clingy and lost all vitality. She's at least 7 1/2 which is old for a REW lop. We're trying to prepare ourselves to do what's kindest xxx

Thanks Jane. Yeah nothing in her blood, just protein in her urine and she's incontinent. Still eating and golden poop, her teeth are fine but she's lost so much weight, is hobbling around and isn't responding to antibiotics. She's very clingy and lost all vitality. She's at least 7 1/2 which is old for a REW lop. We're trying to prepare ourselves to do what's kindest xxx

:cry: XX

Back