• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

megazorb (review)

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
A few months back I asked if anyone had used megazorb as I wanted to change my bunnies and cats to this product. Here is what I have found with it if anyone is thinking about giving it a go:

Firstly this stuff looks like the fluff you get out of your pockets when you leave paper in them and stick them in the washer (weird eh). It also has a weird odor, which is no unpleasent but is there. Its also very light so I find the cats can sometimes spread it everywhere (inc on themselves). It is so good at covering the worst of odor that you think a litter tray (especially cats) is clean and find its not. The odor it does allow is very slight so sometimes the trays fill up and there is only a background smell but is smellable. I think the biggest problem is that the smell is very backgroundy and so its just there and you have to make sure you check things are clean, kinda like how peoples houses iwth animals or babies smell but they go so used to it they don't notice it.

It also seems to last for ages and I am hoping that their claims of it composting quickly is going to be correct.

Yes!!! Bear the angora constantly gets covered with it when Snowball has a flippin' digging session, then he rolls in it and gets it stuck in his ear tufts and under his belly, and then he trails it all through the house and up the stairs, and my vaccuum is currently having a noisy protest! Maybe Santa will bring me a new vaccuum................... :?

Hahahahaha, I gave up and bought myself one of those hand-held dust buster thingies. Only problem is, I use it so much I constantly have to charge it up again!

I think I'll give it a miss seeing as I've got a cashmere coming...think I'll stick to straw after all...

Back