• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Damage caused by rabbits

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Thought this might be an interesting thread that most of us can contribute to!

My partner called me at work yesterday to inform me that he caught our boy chewing the wall in the bathroom. I was like ok, expecting a few teeth marks that can be painted over. Got home and there is an actual hole in the wall. He has eaten the wall :shock:

What have your angels done? :lol:

Thought this might be an interesting thread that most of us can contribute to!

My partner called me at work yesterday to inform me that he caught our boy chewing the wall in the bathroom. I was like ok, expecting a few teeth marks that can be painted over. Got home and there is an actual hole in the wall. He has eaten the wall :shock:

What have your angels done? :lol:

Chewed through armoured cable and hose to get at the cables that run my reef tank. I now carry enough spare length to be able to quickly replug these cables if the needs arise.

Where to start- numerous electrical cables, skirting boards, TV remote controls, entire garden (burrows !!), wall paper stripped, Wooden staircase chewed, shoes 'redesigned' !!! The list is endless but I'd never be without my Bunnies :love:

That reminds me, my bridge bunny Boots redesigned one of my boots :lol: he gave it a scalloped edge and punched some holes in it :lol:

Me too Jane :love: I have a couple of handbags with little teeth marks in, and I always smile when I use those ones thinking about whatever bunny put them there.

I especially love how my rabbit targets certain things in our home and starts destroying them, so I give those things to him and he is no longer interested. He has a stack of books in his area and various books dotted around the floor in the apartment that are entirely his, but he still only wants to chew whatever I’m reading :lol:

That reminds me, my bridge bunny Boots redesigned one of my boots [emoji38] he gave it a scalloped edge and punched some holes in it [emoji38]
He obviously wanted you to stand out! What a thoughtful bun! [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I have a hoodie that i have to be careful where I leave i otherwise the hood and pocket gets full of Knox Poo

I have a hoodie that i have to be careful where I leave i otherwise the hood and pocket gets full of Knox Poo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember once my sister borrowed a handbag from me then lent it straight out to one of her mates. I got a phone call from my sister like my friend is really confused because there is rabbit poo in the handbag :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember once my sister borrowed a handbag from me then lent it straight out to one of her mates. I got a phone call from my sister like my friend is really confused because there is rabbit poo in the handbag :lol:

haha
excellent

My bridge house buns were both destructa buns.Wallpaper stripped up to bunny tiptoe height,light,tv, comp,phone charger cables all snipped and chewed through.I had the tv and cables barricaded ,both buns sleeping on the carpet.I went to the loo, both had hurtled over the barricades are were stripping the last of the wallpaper in the living room.Also edge of the armchair and corner of the sofa eaten.Dining chairs legs munched .I still miss them.

When we sold our last house, there was a lot of trying to disguise bunny damage. They had a thing about doors - they were constantly gnawing at the sides of doors, I think out of annoyance that there were doors preventing them from going wherever they wanted. :lol: And there was a hole in the carpet on the stairs from when Clover decided to pull out as many of the carpet threads as possible one day. I was lucky really - I know there are far more destructive bunnies. They never chewed on skirting boards or anything like that.

I always brag about how "good" my current bunnies are with not chewing but I think that's just relative to my first 2 buns that ate EVERYTHING

Joey re-designed my tshirt this week
FCSh4yim.jpg

as I'd thrown it on to a chair & left the sleeve dangling in to "his" space. A couple of months ago he did a simpler version on my favourite jeans. Rudey snipped my pump laces recently too - he likes me staying at home

Pickle the destroyer has so far, destroyed the cable on my head gun - resulting in having to buy a replacement, stripped the fridge/freezer cable down to copper wire (thankfully still working), stripped the paint/plaster off a corner of wall approx 12 inches square, had chunks out of all the table legs and most of the chair legs, the skirting board by the fridge has been remodelled as has the kitchen door, the wooden bunny divide has had the gaps enhanced by him, one of the litter trays now has a “lacy” edge, the base of the cage has a hole in it, he’s eaten the bottom edge of the corner cupboard in the kitchen, the plastic tub no longer has a handle and the elastic cord that holds the lid on my tool box is just fuzz, any plastic cable ties that are bunny proofing the place have vanished too.
Beans on the other hand, has chewed the willow bridge and tunnel they have...

I just remembered that a pair or my bridge bunnies, Dandy and Beano, turned a rectangular cat litter tray into a corner tray :shock::lol: they just shredded it into tiny pieces :lol: they also removed all the rungs on a wooden hay rack :lol:

Loganberry has chewed the bottom of a wooden shelf unit in their room! I give him apple sticks every day and regular bunches of fresh willow. He just loves to chew.

Pip has never chewed anything. Archie however.....well he is a master at chewing. He only chews things that are in his way though, he's not a destructor bun. He selective about his remodeling.....

The banister - one particular section is not to his liking

Charge cables, pc power cord, floor lamp, extension leads - In his way....

Bed- stuff is in his way under there, so the bed gets chewed in frustration

Daddy's man cave door- he likes the door to be open so he can visit Daddy and watch him. But he's not allowed in there if we aren't there....so he gets a bit chewy.

Skirting board behind Daddy's sofa - sometimes Daddy stupidly moves it. So Archie has to show his displeasure with his teeth....

Oh and I tell a lie. They both destroyed a large corner of lino because they wanted to get out of there pen. Arghhhhh

I love this thread :love: I'm very lucky that Lilac doesn't seem very interested in chewing, however on two random occasions she's destroyed corners of carpet so they now have objects strategically placed on them! My bridge bun Frankie once ate a huge hole in the middle of my sofa, she also chewed curtains, wall, books, chair legs, anything and everything!

I think it's pure luck with house buns whether you get a chewer or non chewer.I tried wooden toys, willow sticks etc,both turned their noses up at them.Rio and Cleo also operated as a tag team.Both "sleeping" on the carpet ,I leave the room then they go into destructa mode.Cleo would strip a chunk of wallpaper(what was left of it) and run away with it in her gob.I'd chase her to grab it before she munched on it. Rio noted I was occupied ,then would leap the barrier again and go for the cables etc.:lol:

Back