• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flying Lopsy

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
I took this yesterday when we gave them a broccoli tree: I caught Lopsy just as he exited the tube at top speed in order to get to the food. It's not in focus (speed) but you can see his back feet are in flying position (bent at the toes), front feet ready for landing, and his ears are at normal flappiness.

EHKgK7XW4AElFIS

(Google Photos link if you can't see the above: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mE4vLbXqtbozvicw6)

Nice to see he doesn't need to use the steps :lol:

I hope he obtained clearance to land from Bun Traffic Control :lol:
Ha ha, no chance! It's all clandestine here: he never looks before he leaps and is always landing on Aboleth :lol: She'd never grant him permission anyway, in case she has to share :lol: Interestingly I was talking to someone from NATS at a classic jet event recently and they're desperate for new people because most the current employees are about the same age and coming up to retirement, which made me think of you Jane :) I am now encouraging anyone with school-leaving-ish children to go for it :D

There was plenty left for him :) It was a good couple of hundred grams of stalk, they must have taken about 10mins to finish it off.

In all honesty, I waited when I heard him coming, and I've finally got the hang of my phone's very slightly delayed shutter :D

Back