• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bun's eye not fully open after attempted bunny bonding

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
So I was doing bathtub stress bonding, it works well for days, until the other night. The 2 buns has a small fight. After that, 1 of my bun's eye is not always fully open, but no visible injury, and sometimes he closes it. The paws of the other bun must have punch that area.

do I just let it heal itself?

So I was doing bathtub stress bonding, it works well for days, until the other night. The 2 buns has a small fight. After that, 1 of my bun's eye is not always fully open, but no visible injury, and sometimes he closes it. The paws of the other bun must have punch that area.

do I just let it heal itself?

I'd say definitely a vet check for this one, eyes are precious. There was a bun on RU recently who lost his eye following an injury from another bun. I'm sorry they fought.

I'd say definitely a vet check for this one, eyes are precious. There was a bun on RU recently who lost his eye following an injury from another bun. I'm sorry they fought.

I agree, if there has been a corneal abrasion this can lead to a corneal ulcer. Left untreated it can become a serious problem.

Jane is a smart cookie. I just read the above. And that's exactly what we did. The vet put some green dye on Fudgie and view the eye.

So this is what happens: Fudgie tries to nip Andi, and Andi fights back, she scratches Fudgie near the eye lids area.

In the end, 14 days x 3 times per day of anti-inflammation eye drop of Ocuflox. His eye is already back to fully open before I visit teh vet. So it looks like back then, he has fully recovered. I don't even know if the Ocuflox, as an inflammatory is necessary. It seems to be a pre-cautionary measure, I am not sure. But I'm happy to give the eye drop

thank you everyone.

Jane is a smart cookie. I just read the above. And that's exactly what we did. The vet put some green dye on Fudgie and view the eye.

So this is what happens: Fudgie tries to nip Andi, and Andi fights back, she scratches Fudgie near the eye lids area.

In the end, 14 days x 3 times per day of anti-inflammation eye drop of Ocuflox. His eye is already back to fully open before I visit teh vet. So it looks like back then, he has fully recovered. I don't even know if the Ocuflox, as an inflammatory is necessary. It seems to be a pre-cautionary measure, I am not sure. But I'm happy to give the eye drop

thank you everyone.

Glad to hear that his eye is improving Jason :D

Back