• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A hutch is not enough...

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
... but try telling our two that! :lol:

We have four permanent areas for our rabbits: a 4x4 playhouse, a 5x3 run, 1.5x4 1.5-level hutch and 3x3 dog crate, all connected by tubes of various lengths. However, being creatures of laziness, Lopsy and Aboleth can often be found mushed into the top level of the hutch which is all of 1.5x2 at best! We think it's because they can just sit in the litter tray, eat hay from the rack and only need to move a few inches to have a drink from the bowl. Convenience over variety :lol:

I don't have any pictures handy sadly...

Who else has buns who cram themselves into tiny spaces when they have the run of the garden, house etc.?

... but try telling our two that! [emoji38]

We have four permanent areas for our rabbits: a 4x4 playhouse, a 5x3 run, 1.5x4 1.5-level hutch and 3x3 dog crate, all connected by tubes of various lengths. However, being creatures of laziness, Lopsy and Aboleth can often be found mushed into the top level of the hutch which is all of 1.5x2 at best! We think it's because they can just sit in the litter tray, eat hay from the rack and only need to move a few inches to have a drink from the bowl. Convenience over variety [emoji38]

I don't have any pictures handy sadly...

Who else has buns who cram themselves into tiny spaces when they have the run of the garden, house etc.?
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Typical isn't it!

Mine are in a 6x2x2 double hutch, with a 16ft runaround tube connected to an 8x8 run... Every morning Apricot is waiting... Open the sliding door and off she goes, Penelope does go out a few times a day and has a zoomies session and does a few binkies, maybe jumps ontop of the hut in there for a flop... But most the time she's in the hutch chilling and eating [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I suspect that although they love the space, the smaller enclosed space is where they feel safe :love:

I suspect that although they love the space, the smaller enclosed space is where they feel safe :love:
Yea maybe that's it, Penelope is blind too which doesn't help, she navigates the whole thing perfectly though now :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

My quad (frosty, snowflake, tessie and daisy) live in a shed with large aviary run on three sides. They spend the vast majority of time in the shed.

My indoor couple, logan and moondust are often to be spotted cuddled up close together in the most hidden corners of their room!

Back