• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit-proof phone charger

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
This is probably common knowledge in the bun community but did everyone know you can get metal braided USB cables?!

I use this micro USB (android) for my webcam and it's incredible - so far it's survived an entire week of being accessible by my two!

This is probably common knowledge in the bun community but did everyone know you can get metal braided USB cables?!

I use this micro USB (android) for my webcam and it's incredible - so far it's survived an entire week of being accessible by my two!

I only buy braided cables anyway because they last longer, and stop them being able to get damaged so easily... However bunnies could easily still chew through I reckon! [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

My rabbits find regular braided cables even more tempting than rubberised cables but since this one is metal they don't seem to be able to get through!
Sadly I use magnetic cables for my mobile devices and they don't come in a metal finish, but it's perfect for the webcam. :D

My rabbits find regular braided cables even more tempting than rubberised cables but since this one is metal they don't seem to be able to get through!
Sadly I use magnetic cables for my mobile devices and they don't come in a metal finish, but it's perfect for the webcam. :D

[emoji51] I've lost a metal braided cable to Atticus before, he will literally eat anything though [emoji38]

I hope your two are less naughty, for your webcam sake :D

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I will have a look at that, thanks for the tip!

I got this specific pet deterrent cover for all my cables years ago, it is supposed to taste bad. Had it for years and was like wow this is amazing, my last two bunnies wouldn’t even go near it. My current bun was here for like three days before he ate all the cable protectors off the cables, without even touching the cables :shock:

Right now we have one of those ikea charging stations with all the cables inside well out of his reach, everything just gets charged there.

Back