• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing ideas

Hello all!

Well, since being here I've offered to rehome, or at least foster until I'm sure they're ready, two bunnies. That will make a grand total of four buns when I'm back in January.

I live in a bedsit flat. Correction, the rabbits live in a bedsit, and allow me to stay there, too. Anyway, the entire flat's devoted to them, and four or five is the maximum number of buns I want running around, otherwise they won't have enough space.

Anyway, I'm trying to think of a new housing arrangement for them all. At the moment, the girls have a "run" made out of chicken wire fencing, as they keep going behind the couch (I'm terrified they'll get stuck coz I can't see them) and under the shelving unit, and tear up the carpet. I'm going to put planks infront of these areas sothat they can run around the whole flat once the others get here.

However, does anyone have an interesting and CHEAP (mind, I'm a student!!!) housing arrangement for multiple rabbits indoors? All in one room? I'd be interested to see it, if possible!!!!

Maaike

Hi i have 2 pairs of buns claude and miffy live in here pen cost me £30 from a garden centre
77e02572deafd08f39c2548c77913b75.JPG

lilac and shadow live in here,the wire panels were from ebay 24 panels for £5 plus £6 p&p
9fbf9535966f136d755996ccf8f861aa.JPG

bluebunny said:
Hi i have 2 pairs of buns claude and miffy live in here pen cost me £30 from a garden centre
77e02572deafd08f39c2548c77913b75.JPG

lilac and shadow live in here,the wire panels were from ebay 24 panels for £5 plus £6 p&p
9fbf9535966f136d755996ccf8f861aa.JPG

Thats a great set up Bluebunny :D
I wonder whether anyone could help the bunnies at the Sanctuary by getting hold of these panels for me either through e bay or elsewhere.
I will of course pay for them, but need someone to track some down for me and order them online...I am very tied up here with rabbit work, so need a volunteer to help us if possible??
We could do with at least 24 panels, to get things set up here for some bunnies who need some more indoor space urgently.
PLease PM me if you can help, thank you so much :D

He always gets more in though. :)

We have our bunnies housed in them, and they're jolly handy. You can build to suit the size and shape of your room and the two runs I built only took three packs, so if you were to go for his two pack offer you'd have plenty of cubes to build a decent sized run.

bunniesonparade.jpg

Excellent ..this is great , the only problem is I cannot bid for them as I have had a problem with the paypal and customer services is trying to sort it out. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I have emailed Tamsin to ask whether she can try and bid for me, but she may be tied up and busy....
we really need these units urgently, as I have rabbits who need more space indoors as they are too unfit to be outside

Don't forget what you can do with six packs!!

Rabbitrun1.jpg

Violet.jpg

Home.JPG

Now it just looks like I am trying to compete with you Bertie (my fingers are sorer than yours nah nah na-na nahhhh :p ) ;) :lol: !!

Only thing is I have some panels left but no connectors :cry: so I have asked Jacks-lot if he can get spare packs of connectors!!

Caz

Its ok, I'm around :D You just need to tell me how many packs you want and I'll sort it for you.

Tam

:p :p Tamsin rides to the rescue yet again,...I guess we go for SIX packs then please....if it blows the budget I set never mind, we need to set it up properly :D

adele i never oredered them myself my friend did it for me as i dont have an ebay account,hope somebody can help you

WOW they are all great set up's people! I can tell I am going to be busy at doing that when it comes round to it :lol:

Caz said:
Only thing is I have some panels left but no connectors

Same here. The ratio's not quite right, is it? I'm going to rebuild the permanent parts using cable ties and save the connectors for bits I want to be able to dismantle.

bluebunny said:
Fluffybunny said:
hi,

what can you make for 1 pack? Any pics???

i made this guniea pig cage!
a29518da387519aa6568fa7832636e2c.JPG

WOW cool :smile:

I think they are all great, off to buy 2 packs (seen as there is an offer on the P&P) - does it say anywhere if the seller takes cheques as Dad doesn't like putting credit card details on the internet :roll:

I got 4 packs now. They are great as you can make anything you want with them.

Squishie is in a 3 by 3 by 2 high pen at the mo and she has loads of room (only dinky though)

The other have a pen made of of it but it varies depending on the space I have in the lounge.

Fluffybunny said:
I think they are all great, off to buy 2 packs (seen as there is an offer on the P&P) - does it say anywhere if the seller takes cheques as Dad doesn't like putting credit card details on the internet :roll:

Yep, if you look under payment methods at the bottom cheque is ok :D

Awesome, these are great! That way I could keep buns seperated that don't get along or whatever, as well...*ideas forming*

Whay keywords to y'all use to find these?

At the moment my two girls are in a 30" dog cage with their little run, but the chicken wire's SOOOOO annoying, these would be much better! I could attach the panels to the cage and build the run that way, and they'd be able to go out at night, instead of being put in the cage (Xena's getting quite good at pulling the fence up and trying to get out...naughty bunny!)...

I remembered the seller was Jacks-lot from last time (emailed him for info about them before buying) so I searched on eBay under advanced search: items by seller to find this auction.

I don't know who found them first but they work really well for creating different set-ups but really hurt to put together!

The panels have a thicker edge which works best in the T-shaped part but doesn't fit very well in the diagonal part of the connector. The skinnier sides fit in the diagonal connectors but only if you turn the connecter so that the lines inside the opening are parallel to the side you are putting in. A hammer is also recommended!

I think Bertie that I might invest in some cable ties too!!

Caz

Back