• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rustly coats, terrifying?

Graciee

Staff member
Anyone elses buns terrified by them? I put on a shell this morning and walked past the white buns [emoji51] big mistake I forgot how scared they get [emoji51]

Is it just my two? [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Anyone elses buns terrified by them? I put on a shell this morning and walked past the white buns [emoji51] big mistake I forgot how scared they get [emoji51]

No, Tui gets very spooked by bags, especially if they're large and make a noise :)

I think REWs/Calis poor vision makes them more easily spooked by sound. Aoife is agoraphobic. She is utterly terrified of outdoor noises, not least the damn aeroplanes (we live near Heathrow Airport). I never put her out in the garden now because she totally freaks out, runs into fences and screams with fear :cry:

No, Tui gets very spooked by bags, especially if they're large and make a noise :)
Ah yea see bags is fine, that means treats or noms [emoji38][emoji38] that's my fault [emoji38]
I think REWs/Calis poor vision makes them more easily spooked by sound. Aoife is agoraphobic. She is utterly terrified of outdoor noises, not least the damn aeroplanes (we live near Heathrow Airport). I never put her out in the garden now because she totally freaks out, runs into fences and screams with fear :cry:
Yea also if I carry anything large past them, geeze they freak, out, Penelope is worse I'm pretty sure she's almost completely blind though so makes sense [emoji51] Apricot seems to have better eye sight not the best though.. The rexes can recognise me ages away and know exactly what's up [emoji38][emoji38]

Poor Aoife :(

No but right when we first got her Bumble lived inside and she got scared of the frying pan when we were frying something! Used to thump a lot and hide!

Mine isn't scared of anything in particular, but sometimes you'll be sitting there and you might move a foot slightly and she starts running around thumping like a lunatic like she's never seen a foot before!

Fudgie has a "thing" about me brushing down my clothes. Whether it's with a lint brush or just my own hands. She gets very upset when I do it and starts thumping like mad. That means I have to walk around covered in fur or go into the bathroom if I want to brush myself down.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Fudgie has a "thing" about me brushing down my clothes. Whether it's with a lint brush or just my own hands. She gets very upset when I do it and starts thumping like mad. That means I have to walk around covered in fur or go into the bathroom if I want to brush myself down.

aww, she wants to keep you furry

Oh I seee, so it's okay for her to groom but not you? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Oh I seee, so it's okay for her to groom but not you? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

That's it in a nutshell! It's also perfectly ok for her to destroy my stuff, but God help me if I even dare to touch anything of hers!

Rustly black cleaning out bags too, dressing gowns, flappy blinds, OHs snoring. Our house is like that film a quiet place. We literally lay in bed watching things with head phones not to disturb the bunnies evening

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rustly black cleaning out bags too, dressing gowns, flappy blinds, OHs snoring. Our house is like that film a quiet place. We literally lay in bed watching things with head phones not to disturb the bunnies evening

Lol we used to be like that. But we've found if we make more noise they seem to get used to it more and get less spooked.

Some things however are still terrifying

Doorbell...we disconnected it
Microwave ping
Long skirts or flappy trousers
Large objects that could be a scary pet carrier.

Prairie dogs on the TV.

hhi graciee,-critters use sight,smell,hear,size,appearance,etc.bringing all senses to bear..-survival instinct takes over..-my cats jump,hide,my pigeons grunt,and or hide.--so I am careful to not push all the alarm buttons..--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Omg this is me with my roborovski hammie, both hammies are in my bedroom, Gus doesn't mind a bit of music, but it upsets muma so I'm always wearing ear buds, and trying to be as quiet as possible [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] she doesn't like hairdryers either so I do that in a different room with no mirror as opposed to at my dressing table or in front of my mirrored wardrobes [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Prairie dogs on the TV.
LMAO XD That's the best so far!

Hmm, Lopsy sometimes gets spooked by random things which happen all the time. Boats, planes, helicopters, cars. If we put something big near one of their areas they don't like it, possibly because they can't see round it.

Admittedly half the time we haven't a clue why one or other of them is acting terrified :lol:

Back