• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will you ever end the cycle of rabbiting?

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Me and OH was having this discussion. Will there ever be a point in your life when you stop owning bunnies? I don't want to be stressed for the rest of my life but I can't see my life without them!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Me and OH was having this discussion. Will there ever be a point in your life when you stop owning bunnies? I don't want to be stressed for the rest of my life but I can't see my life without them

It's so tricky, I keep thinking maybe I won't have any more after my lot, but then I see buns in the adoption centre and I'm like ahhh I wanna take you home! [emoji38]

Realistically no, I don't think I wanna have buns anymore, but also.. I don't know if I can resist them.. And I cannot imagine my life without them, but then maybe it won't be so bad if I have a dog to focus on..

I just love rabbits, but they majorly stress me out, because I care about them so so deeply :(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I expect so. It gets harder as you get older, for instance cleaning out Playhouses is not easy anymore as my knees don't like kneeling now, can't lift anything too heavy, scared of having a fall. So, yes, a time is coming when I probably won't have any bunnies but we'll see. :)

Nope, but then I don't find them stressful like other people seem to :?
Yea I think without the stress it'd be fine, my white two are pretty easy.. Had one stasis episode and a few issues with one after she was spayed.. But (touch wood [emoji38]) it's been fine.

It's my rexes, they have so many medical issues and I feel like with Clementine especially she's always on the brink of being like yea no, bye. [emoji51] Which stresses me out, Atticus has loads of issues but seems to deal and be okay with appropriate care.. I can't work out what's going to happen to Clementine next though, at this point anything could happen and my response would probably be "yea, figures." she seems genetically doomed and I often wonder if saving her when she was 14 weeks was the right decision.

Having said all that, wouldn't change her for the world, and she is my everything, it's just a lot, with everything else aswell [emoji38]

I hate to think of my home without my two, but worry that the life style I have given them isnt enough. I am sure Dilly would be happier if he could come to work with me and I am sure Susan would be happier if I disappeared off the face of the earth and left her alone!

I am sure Susan would be happier if I disappeared off the face of the earth and left her alone!

That made me laugh! :lol: And for what it's worth I think your two have an absolutely wonderful life with you :love:

I often wonder about this question. My husband wants to get a dog instead of any more rabbits when our two are no longer here, and whilst I would absolutely love a dog...I just can't imagine not having rabbits as I love them so much!

I can’t imagine not having a bunny to smuffle my face into (much to their disgust of course). I love all their little personalities and funny ways, each new bun is so different to the last. Just watching them doing bunny things though, whether that’s eating, grooming, snoozing or even binkying is what makes me happy. The snuggles are just a bonus if they’ll tolerate them. Yep, bunnies are here to stay.

Yes and no. I’ll always have them, I would love just a pair to enjoy. I have eight special needs buns of my own and several fosters, and whilst I love them to pieces and they are all happy as happy can be, I do miss the days of them not being a huge mission :lol: But then I think it’s selfish of me to just have two when I can provide a lovely life for lots as I do now :love:

I wish I'd had bunnies earlier in life, as I just love them. I just have my Treacle girl now, and she will be my last bunny bless her. I don't think it would be fair to take on any more, because of my age, I would hate not to be able to look after them, or even worse, they outlive me ! Having said that, I have always kept myself fit and strong, and still do, but you never know do you ?

I absolutely love Mylo and Theo with my whole soul, but we've definitely decided that they will be our last two, at least for now. Mylo was our first bunny but, by the time she was 4 she was on her fourth partner, and she's only 7.5 now. They had vacs and a check-up today and *touch wood* the vet says they are "perfect" so, with any luck, we'll have a good few years together yet. I do find them stressful, I won't even leave them for more than a night. Our last proper holiday was 9 years ago - As selfish as it is, we'd love to have an actual holiday at some point!

Maybe far, far in the future, when we have our own house (not rented!) we'll rescue another pair (or more!) but for now, these two scruffs are our priority :love:

We will adopt another when the time comes that Bigwig is on her own, as she is 1 and bonded with two 5 year olds. So hopefully if they all live to good ages we'll have rabbits for a long time yet. But after that it depends on our situation, we'd probably at least have a break for some time but I am sure we'd get more. I will always have a dog unless working hours don't permit it etc. I said no more piggies but only lasted a few months, lasted almost a year without rats but ended up with another pair so who knows with rabbits!

rabbiting/wildlife

my wildlife experience started in july 2003-2004,-my facility housed perhaps 20 rehomed-rabbits,-in [2005] health issues-[spinal-L5/S1]-blew out,--but I did not quit,-in [2011]-heartattack,two stents installed-did not quit,-[2014]-chronic copd -you guessed it did not quit,-in 2018,-i had outlived all the bunz-the last two were 13 yrs.old..-,i loved them all,-and I was already quite involved with avian-[pigeons and feline],-I have been successful in caring for many critters with-health issues,-unfortunately- not all could be released so they are keepers.,-I guess one could say I still care,and I intend to out live all of them/that way I know they cared for and loved..--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

I did because of serious health problems but now have Bing, the bunny that needed his leg removed. Trying to get him a friend, it's best for Bing. Really not sure how that will be.

For those who have a bonded pair and are planning on having no more - are you just going to leave one bun as a single bun or would you re home? I just wondering because in the future I don't think Maple would be ok by herself. But then the thought of bonding maybe ending up with two single buns and needing partners would be never ending! I said I will bond Maple to Phillip and Snowy and my OH had a go at me and said we get more bunnies. Hehe I was only joking I could never be without my Cakeyness but was just pondering

I wish I'd had bunnies earlier in life, as I just love them. I just have my Treacle girl now, and she will be my last bunny bless her. I don't think it would be fair to take on any more, because of my age, I would hate not to be able to look after them, or even worse, they outlive me ! Having said that, I have always kept myself fit and strong, and still do, but you never know do you ?
Aww Treacle. How is she on her own? I think that sounds sensible Pets mum

I said I will bond Maple to Phillip and Snowy and my OH had a go at me and said we get more bunnies. Hehe I was only joking I could never be without my Cakeyness but was just pondering

Snowy said no way is she sharing her man!! :lol: :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 3 are still relatively young so should be with me for quite a few years yet. I think I’ll need to wait and see what my circumstances are when the time comes. In theory my kids could all have left home and I’ll be living alone so I would need to consider if I could afford them, or if they would limit my opportunities to travel if I can afford it! I would most likely continue to foster rabbits as that takes cares of my potential issues in the future.

For those who have a bonded pair and are planning on having no more - are you just going to leave one bun as a single bun or would you re home? I just wondering because in the future I don't think Maple would be ok by herself. But then the thought of bonding maybe ending up with two single buns and needing partners would be never ending! I said I will bond Maple to Phillip and Snowy and my OH had a go at me and said we get more bunnies. Hehe I was only joking I could never be without my Cakeyness but was just pondering

Oh no, if anyone became single I'd just get a rescue bun for them, if they are old when it happens maybe I'd just foster the new one till my one goes... But then I'd probably get attached to the new one... [emoji849][emoji38] Depends how strongly I felt about it. But I wouldn't have any of them alone.

Wouldn't rescue a random bun though, I'd want them bonded by the rescue, and to take them back if anything happened so I don't end up having to find more partners [emoji38]

Back