• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fate seems to be conspiring again... she's gone

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
So, first day in my new job. Trying so hard not to be paranoid about leaving the rabbits as I haven't needed to for four years.

Train travel - only 2nd time in 20 years, went to a location I'm not familiar with for training. I don't 'get out much' so I found it very stressful.

I got home after 7 hours away to find my precious Lolly in stasis. :cry::cry: One of my most precious bunnies that I panic when she's ill.

I can't get her to my chosen vets in Harrogate because all the roads are closed for a **** cycle race.
I have her booked at my local vets but the only one I have true faith in isn't there today.

I hope to God this is mild digestive issues and nothing serious as fate has made this very difficult to deal with. I don't know if she will be admitted or how rabbit savvy the vet is on duty ... :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
So, first day in my new job. Trying so hard not to be paranoid about leaving the rabbits as I haven't needed to for four years.

Train travel - only 2nd time in 20 years, went to a location I'm not familiar with for training. I don't 'get out much' so I found it very stressful.

I got home after 7 hours away to find my precious Lolly in stasis. :cry::cry: One of my most precious bunnies that I panic when she's ill.

I can't get her to my chosen vets in Harrogate because all the roads are closed for a **** cycle race.
I have her booked at my local vets but the only one I have true faith in isn't there today.

I hope to God this is mild digestive issues and nothing serious as fate has made this very difficult to deal with. I don't know if she will be admitted or how rabbit savvy the vet is on duty ... :cry::cry::cry:

Oh I'm sorry :'(

Days like that are the worst it's like everytime you stand up you're knocked back down again :(

The positives here are that Lolly is in excellent hands with you, and even if the vet just prescribes pain relief and a gut stimulatant and checks the blood glucose, you should be able to get an idea what you're dealing with.

Sending lots and lots of vibes for you both, but you've got this xx

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Gah, I have literally just sent you an email before seen this thread. I really hope that Lolly's tummy problems are minor and that she will respond quickly to treatment. Sending millions of vibes xx

They are re x-raying at Crab Lane because the X ray taken at the other vets wasn't even at the right angle to get the information needed. Thank god I am a rabbit savvy owner as she wouldn't have stood a chance without me being insistent and questioning everything. I am scared witless but at least she is now with a vet that has a clue.

I'm so sorry Lolly is poorly. It's such rotten timing with the new job. Thank goodness she's got you looking out for her and that she's now in the care of a good vet.

Sending millions of vibes for her xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Becky doesn't think it's a blockage but something is wrong. She looks to have free fluid in her abdomen. She's going into surgery with unknown prognosis. She also maxed out her insurance with her ear surgery but she is beyond precious so I am just praying for her safe return.

I'm so sorry to read this :( Sending loads and loads of vibes for Lolly and lots of strength and skill to Becky.

Becky doesn't think it's a blockage but something is wrong. She looks to have free fluid in her abdomen. She's going into surgery with unknown prognosis. She also maxed out her insurance with her ear surgery but she is beyond precious so I am just praying for her safe return.

gosh, how scary for you. I'm glad you got her to Crab Lane - she is in brilliant hands. I hope you get a positive update soon xx

The free fluid was blood. Her liver had just completed disintegrated. Letting her go was the only option. She was pestering for cuddles last night, if only I could have known. I cuddled her but I had no clue she was unwell.. not a clue.

I’m so very sorry :cry:no one could have done any more for her than you. Sending hugs xx

The free fluid was blood. Her liver had just completed disintegrated. Letting her go was the only option. She was pestering for cuddles last night, if only I could have known. I cuddled her but I had no clue she was unwell.. not a clue.
I'm so sorry, speechless :'( xx

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm so very sorry to see this update :cry: It really sounds as though there is nothing more that you or anyone could have done. How very cruel, sending you lots of hugs.

Back