• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibreplex, anyone used it?

Graciee

Staff member
Thoughts on it? I've got a week supply for Clementine, my boyfriend ordered it through our vets, I picked it up this evening, was nearly £70 for 5 tubes of the stuff, googled it, could've got the same amount for £40, delivered, quicker [emoji51]

First dose didn't go brilliantly, she spat loads of orange goo everywhere [emoji38] but then decided she liked the taste and tried to lick it up [emoji849] honestly think Clementine will be the death of me [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thoughts on it? I've got a week supply for Clementine, my boyfriend ordered it through our vets, I picked it up this evening, was nearly £70 for 5 tubes of the stuff, googled it, could've got the same amount for £40, delivered, quicker [emoji51]

First dose didn't go brilliantly, she spat loads of orange goo everywhere [emoji38] but then decided she liked the taste and tried to lick it up [emoji849] honestly think Clementine will be the death of me [emoji38]

I have used it occasionally, cant say it was of any benefit but it did no harm

As for what the Vets charged you for it.................................... :shock:

I used it after my bridge bun Scrappy had her spay. She had a terribly messy bottom a couple of days afterwards. I thought it was brilliant stuff! In under 24 hours her splats had turned into normal, fully formed caecotropes. I was quite fortunate as well in that she quite liked the taste of it so it was very easy to give to her.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I have used it in the distant past, it was "the thing" going back about ten years ago. I can't say I had any thoughts about it being beneficial or otherwise - I would have to have been much more convinced for the price.

I had a fairly recent conversation with FHB where she was ambivalent about its use for recovery from stasis.

Based on that I would be :shock: at spending £70, might have hedged my bets with one tube but ...

Thanks everyone for the info, I mean she's taking it, seems to like the taste so I'll use it up. But yea couldn't believe the price, like in the vets I thought that's a lot, because my total was £13.80 or something silly for the hammie then the bill went up to like £80 after they remembered they'd order in the fibreplex, but tbh I was like fine whatever if there's a chance it will help, bring it on.. But then I got home and thought I wonder if we could've got it cheaper, I'd remembered seeing it on VetUK before and yeaaa like £8 a tube [emoji38][emoji38]

Hopefully it helps her, that's the main thing :)

Back