• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big.......

haffyj

Mama Doe
How big do you guys reccommend for two bunnies? :roll:

ALl thou i have got two bunnies i have just falled in love with smudge!!(Seen on rabbit rehome) and i still want to get a boyfreind for either Sugar or Misty maybe both :D , They wouldnt be living in a hutch for too long because i move out early part of next year (With my partner i have big plans for the garden i want a shed for the rabbits with a run on the side!! ssshhh thou he does know what work i have install for him) but until its done he more than likely will have to share a hutch with them

thanks guys!!

so does that mean you'll have 3 or four buns in the one hutch? I don't think there's a big enough hutch out there, you'd need to get a shed with a run attached.

No i'm not that cruel!! I want to get a boyfriend for Sugar and he will be in the same hutch as her, misty is in her own hutch at the mo until a move out next year (only a couple of weeks till nest year!!!) then i'am going for a shed with a run, Misty is in her own hutch at the mo because she is only 12 weeks old very small against sugar and she cant stick up for herself against her once i have all three bonded they will be in a shed and run

I would say that you would need at least 5ft of space - so either a 5ft hutch or smaller hutch with permanet attached run.

Sugars currently in a four foot two tier hutch would that count? one of the bedroom doors comes down and is a ramp top go into the garden run bit

haffyj said:
Sugars currently in a four foot two tier hutch would that count? one of the bedroom doors comes down and is a ramp top go into the garden run bit

I think that is adequate as it is two tier and it has a run attached.
At least it provides exercise in that the bunnies can hop up into the next tier, and it is good that you have a run attached.
This is the absolute minimum space we would say though, so if you are thinking of adding more bunnies, then a small shed and run is really the best option :wink:
Your current set up should be fine for a short time, but remember if introducing new rabbits it is best done on neutral ground, so you may be better placed to wait till your new des res is set up when you move and introduce all the bunnies there. :D

Great thanks guys!! I'm not looking to rehome till the new year any way but still at least i know, but i will be getting a shed with run attached least then they will have max space avilable to them :D

Back