• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny needs to be ID'd!

screemas

New Kit
Hi there, we bought our bunny Georgie a while back under the understanding he was a Netherland Dwarf! We only live in a small flat so we thought a smaller rabbit would be more suitable for our living arrangement but, as he's grown older, he's only gotten bigger and bigger! We're confident he's not a Netherland Dwarf due to his size and features but if anybody has any ideas what he actually is that'd be great!

ED8rXenXkAESNNu.jpg

Hi there, we bought our bunny Georgie a while back under the understanding he was a Netherland Dwarf! We only live in a small flat so we thought a smaller rabbit would be more suitable for our living arrangement but, as he's grown older, he's only gotten bigger and bigger! We're confident he's not a Netherland Dwarf due to his size and features but if anybody has any ideas what he actually is that'd be great!

ED8rXenXkAESNNu.jpg
dear screemas,--Georgie,is a lagamorph,off spring of gigantipisicus..--rrr,rrr,--georgeus/happy bunz[Georgie],sincerely james waller from the pother kent-usa

He is gorgeous ! No idea of breed but I agree he doesn't look like a nethie - at all! This however is prob in your favour, netherland dwarfs maybe tiny but they are massively energetic & need loads of space

Your bunny is very handsome.
Definitely NOT a ND. Even if your bunny's parents were both ND's, it does not mean that all the babies would inherit the dwarf gene. In fact, such a pairing will result in 50% dwarf, 25% double dwarf (die shortly after birth) and 25% standard sized bunnies.
Of course, it is more likely that someone did not know or did not tell you the truth about your bunny's lineage .
You can see pictures of different recognized breeds at ARBA.net. It is the web site of the american rabbit breeders association. Of course, there are many colors possible under each listing, plus your bunny may be a mixed breed..
How old is your bunny?
I have had many ND over the years and I agree they are active . Some dwarf bunnies have short or flater faces that make them more prone to upper respiratory and dental issues.

Last edited:
Back