• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Balcony set up ideas

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I’ve never really had to think about outdoor areas before, my gardens have been interesting enough for rabbits to just play in without me having to do anything to them :lol: I want to turn my balcony into a play area for my bunny and am just trying to brainstorm ideas. It’s pretty small so I definitely want to make best use of the space for him without adding height.

I’m going to lay down some decking this weekend, and am heading to a garden centre tonight to see if I can find something with a more interesting texture to cover the balcony wall with. Other than that all I have thought of is some big bunny friendly plants in tubs for him to hide under etc, hanging toys, and a planter filled with soil for digging. My bunny is a very energetic little adventurer :love: I would like a tunnel but all I can find are plastic ones, which I would rather avoid. Does anyone think I’m missing something obvious?

The balcony door leads directly into his living space, so I don’t really think I need a specific hiding area. He also has a tiny triangle balcony on the other side of his space, which isn’t for playing in so much but is already a little vertical herb and grass garden for him. So he doesn’t really need more edibles outside. He also doesn’t need space for exercising as he has access to our entire apartment. I just want him to be able to enjoy a bit of fresh air.

The balcony is secure so he couldn’t get out, and predators aren’t an issue as he would only be allowed out with somebody out there. It’s also north facing so it’s pretty shaded.

I’m actually knitting him a tunnel for indoors, maybe I will make two so he can have one for outside too :D

I’m so excited for him to have a little outdoor area!

Back