• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neutered yesterday,,,,,Still no poos.....Help!!!!!

Suzi Wong

Mama Doe
Jasper was neutered yesterday at about 12.30 pm, He was very miserable yasterday but only as you would expect.

This morning he seemed a little bit better(washing himself etc) still doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much though, just had a look through his litter tray and he has done hardly any poos and the ones he's done are really tiny like ball bearings.

we have let him out and he was running round the living room ( not as fast as usual though) he's gone back in his cage now and he still hasn't poo'd he doesn't want his parsley or his broccoli.

What do we do now and how long before things are serious???????????

Maybe you could supplement what he has eaten by syringing softened pellets and water, and then take him to the vets if he's no better tomorrow?
It's very important that he doesn't get dehydrated.

Hello,
I had my two males neutered on monday and they ate very little to begin with. Infact they didn't start eating their pellets until late last night (wednesday). All they seemed to want to eat was hay, which is a good thing, but I have managed to tempt them to eat a few small cabbage and spinach leaves along with some carrot, offered regularly. It does seem to take them a couple of days to get back to normal.
I hope your bun is alright and is now eating a bit more, if not then I would definitely get him seen by a vet.

He seems a bit better today, not eating any pellets yet either he's been eating loads of hay.

He doesn't sem to be drinking much water but when I cleaned his tray out this morning it was soaked, his poos are a tiny bit bigger than yesterday but still small.

We've had a look at his wound and it looks like he's pulled the stitches out, can't be sure though, apart from that he seems fine :D

As long as they are eating something its good they will improve in time, the time to panic is if they are not eating atall by the second day. hope all goes well . val

Thank You all

Been back to the vets today and he says everything is just fine, wound healing ok, Jasper is eating and drinking fine again now, so hopefully lead to a good recovery :)

Back