• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two sad bunnies need a forever home

cjmaclean

Young Bun
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum but was reading the previous messages and thought I would add one of my own. I am a volunteer at a local animal rescue called Heathlands Animal Sanctuary in Royston (Herts).

Heathlands has two sad bunnies who need a 'forever' home. They are listed on the main rehoming area of the website but I thought I might try an extra message in this forum.

Both bunnies have had a bad start in life. Seymour (an angora woollie) came from a very damp, cramped hutch and consequently now has a weak chest. His fur was so matted when he came to the shelter that he had to be shaved off completely! It has now re-grown, but will need daily grooming to keep from tangling again. His partner Nougat was found in someone's garden in a burrow, heavily pregnant and with paralysed back legs. She has now had her litter and her legs have improved considerably.

They were rehomed recently, but came back to the shelter when the person said they couldn't cope with Seymour's grooming needs. Unfortunately they are now living in a small cage in the manager of the shelter's kitchen! I have offered to foster these two poor bunnies, but it would be best if they could go to a 'forever' home and not have to go through the stress of getting used to my house and routine and then having to move on again. (We have four of our own bunnies already plus take boarders, so although I would love to keep them, am not sure I will have the time to devote to them).

If any of you know anyone who might be interested in these two bunnies, please contact me on cm329@cam.ac.uk, or ring Gillian at Heathlands on 01763 244488. They are listed in the main rehoming area under Hertfordshire and are named Seymour and Nougat.

Thanks for your help!
Cathy

Welcome to the Forum Cathy and thank you for your message :D
I really hope that these two special bunnies will find a forever home soon, they sound delightful.
I would offer them a home myself, but we are very full up here at the Sanctuary, it is not the room we lack, but the time.
These bunnies deserve more time than I can give them.
Good luck and I will keep my ears open for a home for them.

Here is their photo:

rabbit_1542.jpg

Awww dang, I would have jumped at the chance for these two gorgeous buns, but am moving home in July (all buns come with me!!) and I think that'd be a bit too much of a stress for those two beautiful rabbits...:(

I'm sure you'll get someone soon, though!!! Promise!

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww they are absolutely gorgeous!!!
Wish i had a big garden/shed so i could have more rabbits but i dont :(
If they were single rabbits i would have been tempted but cant have 2 more.
Hope they find a home real soon they are scrummy!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your replies. If you hear of anyone who might like to adopt these two bunnies please let me know!

I will keep my fingers crossed for them.
Cathy

They are beautiful

I have no experience or knowledge of angora's :( They must be terribly confused having to go back to the rescue :(

Do you know what caused the paralysis in Nougat's legs :?: or is she on any treatment for this :?:

I would take them as we are experienced with keeping Angora and those with special needs, sadly we have the space but not the funds to buy them their own unit. :?
I would want to provide them with a little Chalet....that is the least they deserve, bless them :cry:

Adele said:
I would take them as we are experienced with keeping Angora and those with special needs, sadly we have the space but not the funds to buy them their own unit. :?
I would want to provide them with a little Chalet....that is the least they deserve, bless them :cry:

how much would you need to set them up with their own unit Adele :?:

Denny said:
Adele said:

I am looking at the Poppy Playhouse on Rabbit Rehome, and it costs around 200 pounds, but I have seen it cheaper elsewhere, so I guess 150 pounds is a kinda figure we are looking at.
The rabbits would have a forever home though. :D

Adele said:
Denny said:
Adele said:

I am looking at the Poppy Playhouse on Rabbit Rehome, and it costs around 200 pounds, but I have seen it cheaper elsewhere, so I guess 150 pounds is a kinda figure we are looking at.
The rabbits would have a forever home though. :D

I will reply to this Adele but have just got to go and fight my my through an Asda Shop :roll:

As these are special need bunnies and need a special home I have a few suggestions :wink:

[quote="Denny
As these are special need bunnies and need a special home I have a few suggestions :wink:[/quote]

Good luck with your shopping trip Denny, and perhaps you could PM your ideas later..thanks so much :wink: :D

cjmaclean said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum but was reading the previous messages and thought I would add one of my own. I am a volunteer at a local animal rescue called Heathlands Animal Sanctuary in Royston (Herts).

Hi Cathy,
I have "spoke" to you via email before, nice to see you here!

I adopted Brian 3 weeks ago from Heathlands, he is such a lovely bunny and is really coming on and settling in well.

I hope these two find a home soon.

Hi Beck,

I am glad to hear your Heathlands bunny is coming on so well. I have only been volunteering with them for the past year and I started by going to Zoe's once a week and cleaning out hutches. I have now progressed to the photographer, organiser of all things web-related, and taker of emails. Gillian is astounded at the response she has received since we started submitting rabbits onto the rabbit rehome website! I think there are a lot of nice people out there who are looking for rescue rabbits who wouldn't otherwise know about some of these local sanctuaries. It is great way for like-minded people to connect and give some bunnies a well-deserved second chance in life.

Adele has emailed me about Seymour & Nougat today and I am happy to say that it sounds like she can give them a forever home. I have passed her over to Gillian to discuss details, medical needs, etc, and take it from there. I do hope it all works out for them! I will keep you posted.
Cathy

Hiya folk well I have spoken to the lovely Gillian at Heathlands Sanctuary and the bunnies sound adorable.
As Gillian cannot do a house visit it is difficult for her to see where the rabbits are coming to.
Please could those of you who know our set up and /or my character please write and provide references for GA to the above email address and write for the attention of Gillian.
Thank you so much, we have the time, space and funds in place to provide these two bunnies a wonderful home, as a Christmas Angel (or several) have come forward to help :wink: :D :D :D
Now we need some more help to ensure Gillian feels comfortable to whom the bunnies would be living with.

It would be a wonderful Christmas to take in two such lovely deserving bunnies, and that it what Christmas is all about, sharing and giving your time and life to help each other and animals too.

Can you not get the super, fantastic photographer Jeremy to pop round with his camera Adele :?: Then Jillian could see for herself :D

Denny said:
Can you not get the super, fantastic photographer Jeremy to pop round with his camera Adele :?: Then Jillian could see for herself :D

It is not just the space we provide though Denny but the level of care too that is important....I have asked those who visit us regularly to write re the set up and hopefully written descriptions will be just as good. :wink:
If it does not work out for these two bunnies then we will help some others instead...but we have fallen in love with Seymour and Nougat, and they have had a rough time, so felt they of all the bunnies deserve a lovely forever home.

If you remember Tilly the seriously neglected Angora and how we turned things around for her, she is just beautiful and immaculate now..Lany has seen her...photos will follow in the New Year :D
This may be a good point to illustrate my Angora care skills. :D

Adele said:
Denny said:

It is not just the space we provide though Denny but the level of care too that is important....I have asked those who visit us regularly to write re the set up and hopefully written descriptions will be just as good. :wink:

Ok, keep us posted please Adele :D

Seymour and Nougat have got tickets with "I'm going to live with Adele" written on them :D I can feel it in my bones :D

Denny said:
Adele said:
[quote="Denn
Ok, keep us posted please Adele :D

I certainly will do Denny, bless you for all your support, it is much appreciated...I can completely understand Gillians reluctance to part with these bunnies unless she is 100% sure they are going to the right place, I would feel exactly the same way too :wink: :D

Seymour and Nougat have got tickets with "I'm going to live with Adele" written on them :D I can feel it in my bones :D

I really hope so, as I just want to give them a big cuddle, bless them. :D

Back