• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for some advice :(

cyane182

Young Bun
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, but I would like some advice please. I lost one of my bunnies, Tom, on Monday, he was part of a bonded pair. I'm heartbroken, but I'm also feeling so sad for Daisy who's left behind. She's eating, drinking and pooping but she must be feeling lonely, and I feel so sad when I see her sitting outside alone. I know it's only been a few days but I'm thinking about getting her a new friend, just for her wellbeing. I just want her to be happy, even though I don't feel up to getting a new rabbit yet :( Daisy is 7 years old, would it be best to get a rabbit who is a similar age? Thank you.

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, but I would like some advice please. I lost one of my bunnies, Tom, on Monday, he was part of a bonded pair. I'm heartbroken, but I'm also feeling so sad for Daisy who's left behind. She's eating, drinking and pooping but she must be feeling lonely, and I feel so sad when I see her sitting outside alone. I know it's only been a few days but I'm thinking about getting her a new friend, just for her wellbeing. I just want her to be happy, even though I don't feel up to getting a new rabbit yet :( Daisy is 7 years old, would it be best to get a rabbit who is a similar age? Thank you.
dear cyane182,-my heartfelt condolences for our loss,--I have never kept bunz outside[too many variables]-health being one reason,and diagnosing..-it is good that humans have emotions for animals,and animals know whether we care or not..furnish the survivor[daisy] with a mirror,and more attention-this will be kind of solice for both..sincerely james wall er from the other kent-usa

I've generally had younger rabbits as new partners for bereaved bunnies (ie 8 weeks and up to about 2 ears old). It depends what you want for the future, and what she will accept. It does tend to perpetuate the cycle if there is a significant age difference. That's why I have a trio again - it will be some years (hopefully) before I have a singleton again. They do generally seem to be much happier with a new partner or 2, whatever age you decide on. There is no 'right' answer.

Back