• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it normal for baby rabbit to poop EVERYWHERE???

moi

Mama Doe
So our new rabbit is 10 weeks old. She wees in her litter tray but poops literally everywhere! Is this normal. Will it calm once shes spayed? X

Yes spaying can help with litter tray training, although some rabbits will still scatter there droppings round marking their territory

Yes that’s perfectly normal. Neutering can lessen it but plenty of neutered rabbits will continue to do some poops outside the litter tray. It’s territorial marking. Generally a bunny is still considered litter trained if they wee and do most of their poops inside the tray, it is normal for them to not be 100% reliable. Only 1 of the 6 bunnies I have had were 100% reliable with getting all poops in the tray.

I agree neutering will probably help, but you could perhaps try picking up stray poops and popping them in the litter tray.

Thanks everyone. All my buns do some poops out of the tray. But this bun isn't just stray poops.... theres not enough time in the day to pick up her poops and put them in the tray! Lol x

Back