• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has your insurance gone up a lot when you've claimed?

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I'm just wondering whether to claim back for the blood tests and consultation fees. Also is medicine included in a claim? Without medicine mine would be about £150 and excess is £55. Just thinking if the policy goes up a lot in November when I renew because of this claim is it worth it.

I'm back to the vets on Friday so that would be another consultation fee and if he's not happy about the lumps then probably a biopsy, so I would start claiming then. Never claimed through my insurance so wondering what is the best thing to do! I can get my vets to print out all of the invoices when I go.

Who are you with?

PetPlan go up every year regardless of whether you claim or not. I used up the entire claim amount for one of my rabbits last year, and the other I didn't claim at all. Both policies went up by the same amount this year. Medicine is included when I make a claim, but you only pay the excess once per condition which is pretty good.

I'm with NCI, think it's worth me claiming as I've paid for dentals when teeth have been removed too the other month when she was starting to get myxo, so will claim for that too and the medicine.

Chase was £16.80 last year a month, got it through today and it jumped up to £19.30 a month. It's getting ridiculous. They said when I queried increase last year that it was due to risk he posed to insurance company. Get bill cost increases which they haven't at all. His breed. Then where we live, which is so not right and I do not agree with certain area codes being charged more then others
He is 4 years old and healthy (touch wood)
Also insurance companies noting rabbits as overage when they reach 5 years old so goes up further with percentage costs added on. I think they need to relook at that part of there policies many rabbits out there are living till 10 or more, and standard of care has improved dramatically since ten-twenty years ago
Now I know why there are many poor older rabbits stuck in rescues and insurance companies aren't helping either

I'm with Agria and just claimed 350 pounds for Onana's treatment. I got the money back within one week and was assured the premium would not go up.

I'm with Agria and just claimed 350 pounds for Onana's treatment. I got the money back within one week and was assured the premium would not go up.

Someone else recommended them to me. I've been online and got a quote now seriously considering switching to agria from ortolan, quote is 14.69 month

Back