• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

On Our Walk This Arvo' we Met a Family of Coots

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
2BIKjVz.jpg

KmWhtlR.jpg

mzu9z0A.jpg

nmaHB98.jpg

NKiRsfd.jpg

IWOdjG9.jpg

5Hp0k43.jpg

xB3Rny9.jpg

Xuk7Hct.jpg

The babies do have rather 'odd' looks !! :lol:

Awww...aren't they so..."coot!" :lol:

(Somebody had to make that joke
shrug_1f937.png
)

We'd see these on the stocked ponds up north. Lots of wood ducks too. And the occasional swan couple. :love:

Honestly when I moused over the thread title I thought when you said baby that a youngster's picture was going to come up pulling a funny face at you from it's pram! :lol:

Lovely Jane. It looks like they are checking out you and Morse!

Where I live we get Mallard ducks. There is a group of ducks living in a ditch/culvet at the apartment complex where my sister lives. When I visit, I have to stop the car to let the ducks cross! In the spring it is so cute to see the ducklings walking behind their parent. We have a local law that makes it illegal to feed the ducks. One woman continued to violate the law and she actually went to jail for feeding the ducks. I suspect someone complained because the ducks she was feeding were pooping on their car/home/laundry.

Back