• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need bunny bonding advice

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
So I have been bonding my 2 buns for 4 days. Both buns are very tame. At the first 2 days of bonding, things were very smoothly, just a bit of mild to moderate chasing around, and they seems to be getting along fine

Then there is 2 days of rain, so I stopped the bonding at the backyard. Then yesterday and today, I continue the bonding, and the bonding takes a U turn.

There is some fur pulling yesterday, and more so w/ some fighting and fur pulling today. I don't understand why while the first 2 days is going so smoothly, and suddenly, it goes backward.

Now, I have seen this kind of fighting / fur pulling w/ my last 2 bun 7 yr. ago. And in the end, they still bond, but these 2 buns are very tame, this shouldn't happen, so the current plan is:

once they start fighting, I separate them, and the bonding of the day will end

and I re-start the next day's afternoon

if there is any other trick / tip I should know about, please give your input

Are you using a neutral area to bond them in only it sounds like one of them has become territorial.

yeah, all 4 bonding is at the backyard, and noone owns the backyard.

Right now, the vet recommends only take them out for 10 min. / twice a day. And increase that time frame gradually

I wonder if this trick is good or not: I take my bun Andi sit close (2 ft) from my bun Fudgie while I hold her so they can smell each other when Fudgie comes close. I do that for 5 min. and hope they get used to each other's smell. I hope that's a good idea

Back