• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is a skirt?

Denny

Mama Doe
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=1699

Was ogling bunnies, Had to have a look at Lily's details as I love the name Lily.

Reading the details, it mentions that she has a skirt, is this excess skin due to loss of weight and will the skirt correct itself once she has gained wieght? It states that she gets abit wet between her back legs, and that she needs vaseline administered so she does'nt get sore. Basically I wondered if anyone could explain to me if this is an ongoing problem or can it be cured?

Brody (whom my Mum has nicknamed Rear of the Year) has a skirt (I think). I didn't think it was anything wrong, just something thats there. You notice it more when she's sitting and it just looks like a furry frill. It doesn't seem to give her any probs and I'm sure that if it was a major issue, Auntie Adele would have mentioned it after Brodys' holiday with her.

Oh Denny - she is sooo beautiful - and she is from the same lady who got Thomas and Minnie to us :D She is a wonderful caring lady and works her guts out to care for buns - she helps to make them better and then looks for homes for them. She gets no payment and her vet bills are so very high but she does it 'cos she loves them.
If she says that Lily is very loving then you can be assured that she is - she said about Thomas and Minnie and she knew all their little quirks - she was spot on :D
Wish I had the room - I would have Lily but I am full to busting :?

Should have replied about the skirt and stuff :oops: Was just so taken with Lily :oops:
A few of mine have skirts (or in the boys cases they call them a kilt!) :lol: Sometimes it can be through weight loss but sometimes it's just a natural thing.
As for the wetness between the legs (that does not sound right on a rabbit forum :oops: :oops: :oops:) - well, that can clear up and keeping rabbit dry and vaselined as well as on vet bed will help a great deal.
She sure is wonderful isn't she?

I was so busy replying to the post I forgot to look at Lily - oh wow, what a stunner and what a sad story. How can someone attempt to clip a buns teeth :?: :?: :?: Defies believe.

luvabun said:
How can someone attempt to clip a buns teeth :?: :?: :?: Defies believe.

Yes I know, our lovely Barley Bun had the same treatment for nearly 7 years from his previous owner :evil: He ended up being deserted and put in a rescue where they had to have him castrated, teeth removed and treated for mites :x Poor little man :cry:
He's fine now and is a picture of health - he's bonded with Oliver and Bandit and resides in my bedroom :shock: He's a very loving boy and so very trusting. I wuvs him so much :oops: :oops:
He had never had friends before as he had always been a lone bun - now he's surrounded by buns and is in his element.
He came to us this last Easter Sunday - we call him the true Easter Bunny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

luvabun said:
How can someone attempt to clip a buns teeth :?: :?: :?: Defies believe.

The little bunny (Sally-Ann) we had when I was little used to have to have her teeth clipped, the vet showed my dad how to do it :shock: I as it needed doing quite often :( :shock: :(
This was about 25 yrs ago though!!

When i was little one of my buns had to have his teeth clipped and like becks dad the vet showed him how, as it needed to be done on a regular basis

If the Vet is happy and willing to show someone and ensure its done properly then thats a different story. Couldn't/ wouldn't do it myself though, daren't even clip their nails.

A little birdie told me Lily has her bags packed and is moving to her new home on Monday.

Tam

Thanks for the info about the skirt business :D

Tamsin said:
A little birdie told me Lily has her bags packed and is moving to her new home on Monday.

Tam

:( :( sad for me as I was 99% tempted, but glad she has found a home.

I would just like to say to anybody who reads this that, after looking after Pams Pie and Mash who are 7 years old, it made me realise that, not having any front teeth really is not a problem, feels lovely infact to have a pair of gums wrapped round your fingers trying to pinch a piece of apple :lol: . I have also realised that, age really does not matter, after all we all do not know when our time is up.

I feel that, these older bunnies should not be overlooked just because of their age, to give them happiness for the remainder of their years is what they really deserve. I am not saying that younger bunnies should be overlooked as they all deserve a loving caring home, I am just saying dont overlook a bun just because it is older and has some health problems. Most aged animals acquire health issues anyway, it seems to be apart of life.

Denny - you are so right about health issues and age - it can happen to anyone at any time.
I feel that you are now in need of a bun or two :wink: There are two lovely buns in Manchester that are desperate for a home - both have had their front teeth removed - lovely bonded pair. Male and female, both neutered and both very loving. Names are Donny and Macey :D I think that you would be the perfect mum for them - I truly do :D

Jaypot said:
Denny - you are so right about health issues and age - it can happen to anyone at any time.
I feel that you are now in need of a bun or two :wink: There are two lovely buns in Manchester that are desperate for a home - both have had their front teeth removed - lovely bonded pair. Male and female, both neutered and both very loving. Names are Donny and Macey :D I think that you would be the perfect mum for them - I truly do :D

I read that too quick :lol: :lol: I thought it read Donny and Marie as in Donny Osmond :lol: :lol: I suppose that shows my age :lol: :lol: Are they on RR Jay :?:

I am chuffed to pieces to find that Lily has a new home and a very special one at that :wink: :D :D :D :D

I read that too quick :lol: :lol: I thought it read Donny and Marie as in Donny Osmond :lol: :lol: I suppose that shows my age :lol: :lol: Are they on RR Jay :?:

I am chuffed to pieces to find that Lily has a new home and a very special one at that :wink: :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Oh Denny - fanks :oops: Haven't told anyone yet but will do soon :roll:

Donny and Macey (Well, Donny was actually called after Donny Osmond 'cos his teeth where so long and chunky :shock: I was most offended 'cos he still makes me swoon after all these years :roll: ) and Macey was called after Macey Grey (whoever that is :? ) 'cos she's grey.

They have been waiting for nearly a year for a home and people pass them up 'cos they have no front toofs and need their veggies cutting up smaller! Honestly, some people :shock: They are not on RR but they are at the Peggy Henderson in Manchester - I'm sure that they must have pics of them. They've been on our waiting list for nearly a year as well but with only having front peggies missing we have to take in others that are more disabled :( I feel so mean :(

Have a think about it - they sound lovely buns and if I had the room and not as many needy ones I would take them but there are so many needier (is that a word?) out there :?

Jaypot said:
(Well, Donny was actually called after Donny Osmond 'cos his teeth where so long and chunky :shock: I was most offended 'cos he still makes me swoon after all these years :roll: ) and Macey was called after Macey Grey (whoever that is :? ) 'cos she's grey.

quote]

mmm you will be sooo jealous 'cos I get to meet Donny on a regular basis as he comes over to the UK quite often. p.s. He is such a nice guy

luvabun said:
mmm you will be sooo jealous 'cos I get to meet Donny on a regular basis as he comes over to the UK quite often. p.s. He is such a nice guy

Perhaps you could ask him next time you see him to re-release this single but change it too AND THEY CALLED IT BUNNY LUURRRRVVVE :lol: :lol:

we will all be singing this now tonight, trying to get to sleep while singing it in our heads :lol: :lol:

Denny said:
luvabun said:

Perhaps you could ask him next time you see him to re-release this single but change it too AND THEY CALLED IT BUNNY LUURRRRVVVE :lol: :lol:

we will all be singing this now tonight, trying to get to sleep while singing it in our heads :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: could have asked him today as he flew out this morning....

luvabun said:
Denny said:
luvabun said:

:lol: :lol: could have asked him today as he flew out this morning....

You'll have to catch him on his way back :wink: It would be a great song to have as back ground music whilst perusing the rabbit channel of RR :thumb:

My mind is running away with me now :roll: :roll: thinking of song titles that could be altered to include bunny in it, compile a tape of bunny songs :lol: :lol:

Back