• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickle is a git.

Glingle

Warren Veteran
So, after he decided that hiding not just behind, but under the fridge freezer was fun and I had to lure him out with a trail of bits of fenugreek crunchies, I blocked it off a few months ago. I did this by bending some mesh in a u shape and wedging it in the gap, with the fold outwards, if that makes sense.
Since then Pickle has discovered that live trailing electrical wires are tasty, when the cable of my heat tool fell off the kitchen table overnight (probably caused by the vibration of a rabbit chewing on the legs of the table).
I came downstairs this morning to discover the mesh from behind the fridge in the middle of the floor. On investigation, the electrical cord from the fridge has been nibbled and a small area of copper is visible on the earth wire. Thankfully, fridge is still working. I shoved the mesh back in place as I had to get to work (I was 70 mins late yesterday as the M6 was closed due to a person threatening to jump off the motorway bridge and so all the alternative routes were heaving), pushing it a bit further in to stop it being pulled out.
Came home this afternoon, and noticed that the kitchen door, that is usually pushed open against the fridge was in a suspicious, not fully open position. Apparently, I had secured the mesh, but failed to notice that if you’re a determined bunny, you can still pull the wires out from under this and have a tasty nibble. Thankfully, the fridge has survived despite having a few whisps of copper wire floating about.
Typically, I can’t find my electrical tape to cover it, so new Amazon Prime order just done for delivery tomorrow. Very lazy but I’m exhausted at the moment and can’t face the shops despite being on an early finish this week.
Pickle has been rehomed to the other side of the divide early and may remain there for a couple of days whilst I work out how to Pickle proof it. I’m just hoping he hasn’t told Beans about the fun he’s had!

Last edited:
So, after he decided that hiding not just behind, but under the fridge freezer was fun and I had to lure him out with a trail of bits of fenugreek crunchies, I blocked it off a few months ago. I did this by bending some mesh in a u shape and wedging it in the gap, with the fold outwards, if that makes sense.
Since then Pickle has discovered that live trailing electrical wires are tasty, when the cable of my heat tool fell off the kitchen table overnight (probably caused by the vibration of a rabbit chewing on the legs of the table).
I came downstairs this morning to discover the mesh from behind the fridge in the middle of the floor. On investigation, the electrical cord from the fridge has been nibbled and a small area of copper is visible on the earth wire. Thankfully, fridge is still working. I shoved the mesh back in place as I had to get to work (I was 70 mins late yesterday as the M6 was closed due to a person threatening to jump off the motorway bridge and so all the alternative routes were heaving), pushing it a bit further in to stop it being pulled out.
Came home this afternoon, and noticed that the kitchen door, that is usually pushed open against the fridge was in a suspicious, not fully open position. Apparently, I had secured the mesh, but failed to notice that if you’re a determined bunny, you can still pull the wires out from under this and have a tasty nibble. Thankfully, the fridge has survived despite having a few whisps of copper wire floating about.
Typically, I can’t find my electrical tape to cover it, so new Amazon Prime order just done for delivery tomorrow. Very lazy but I’m exhausted at the moment and can’t face the shops despite being on an early finish this week.
Pickle has been rehomed to the other side of the divide early and may remain there for a couple of days whilst I work out how to Pickle proof it. I’m just hoping he hasn’t told Beans about the fun he’s had!

Oh dear, little :censored: John-Joe managed to get to the cable of Morse's Clipper re-charger. Goodness knows how. I thought it was 100% inaccessible to even the most agile Bunny. As usual I was wrong :roll:

Haha. It sounds like Pickle may have been taught by Archie he is a master at chewing through cables that we thought we out of reach.

Glad Pickle is ok, after his naughty chewing.

Never underestimate the power of a nethie. Small in size, big in mischief.
As for the copper fridge wire, it may be helpful to look at something called shrinkwrap - it's a hollow plastic covering that you put over electrical wires and then seal in place with a hairdryer or similar heat source. There's also electrical cable guards made of chew proof wire that might be worth a visit.
What a handful pickles is....

Oh dear. Whisps of copper wire!!!!

Loganberry has no electrical cords in his room. He likes to wait at the inner gate in the mornings and once its open he dashes out and has a good chew on the wooden shelf unit!

I love rabbits.

My late bunny, Spenser Milton, 'wrote' a little book about being a housebunny. One of the chapters is called 'Ways with Wires'...

I have some spare plastic wire tubes from Ikea if you want them? We use hosepipe on our cables - not very sightly but effective.
Ooh hosepipe is a good idea, have they ever been chewed? Do you have a picture of the IKEA tubes?

We've tried the normal computer wire tidy tubes and Archie bit straight through them !!!!!

I have some spare plastic wire tubes from Ikea if you want them? We use hosepipe on our cables - not very sightly but effective.

Thank you for the offer, I’ve used some hosepipe https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AUPD6SS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1to protect the cable (after wrapping the chewed parts with electrical insulation tape). I’ve swapped the mesh for some finer mesh and pushed it further in, then put the original mesh in, so he has two layers of mesh to remove. Pickle spent last night back on that side for the first time, nothing has been attacked behind the fridge. He has however started chewing on a different part of the kitchen door to his usual spot. Just as well he’s adorable!

Back