• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is there anything safe to make an imprint of a rabbits foot?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
I really wanted a personal memory from the buns. it’s my biggest regret with snoopy.

I know some dog owners use pet safe ink to get a paw print of their dogs foot. the idea sounded really cute to get a print of their back foot. but ofc they’re fluffy.. and not like a pad.

I’d do my best to wash it off but, is there anything safe at all that I can use? or is it totally impossible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used a strong coffee solution (only just enough water to dissolve it) or just wet mud before. You tend to need to do a few prints before you get a decent one, especially if the feet are quite fluffy. Use a saucer as an 'ink pad', dip the foot in the solution, then straight on to a sheet of paper next to it. You tend to have to be quite well organised or it can get very messy. I label the sheets before I start - one or two per rabbit - so you know which is which. Some prints will be a bit splodgy but others will be ok. Just keep printing until it gets too faint. You can photocopy the sheet or cut out the prints you want. Dip the foot in some clean water, and dry it off on some kitchen roll or a towel if they will let you. Cocoa powder or hot chocolate also work well as it makes a smooth paste, but they must not lick it off.

Leave the sheets somewhere flat and undisturbed until they are fully dry.

foot prints

I really wanted a personal memory from the buns. it’s my biggest regret with snoopy.

I know some dog owners use pet safe ink to get a paw print of their dogs foot. the idea sounded really cute to get a print of their back foot. but ofc they’re fluffy.. and not like a pad.

I’d do my best to wash it off but, is there anything safe at all that I can use? or is it totally impossible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dear binky codie,-plaster of paris,comes to mind.-when animals passes on there is usually foot print made of food coloring or plaster,etc-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

Last edited:
My vet offers casting clay made special for the purpose of imprinting paws, usually of those who've passed, but I bought mine in advance and learned how to make the imprint. It's just a press for a few seconds (albeit difficult with a live animal, especially a bunny) and the impression is made. You just have to let it dry overnight to become solid.

Bunny feetsies are problematic as the fur is in the way and there's no true 'pads' but both Mimzy's and Fiver's prints are in my memorial.

I intend to get a tattoo of Jenna's pawprint on me somewhere. She sat on my lap one afternoon and one front paw made a visible mark on my skin so I colored it in with a sharpie and refreshed it each time it got faded so I could get a sense of what it would be like to have it there. Now I just need to find a reputable tat artist so I can have it done permanently. :)

Paw prints are wonderful memory pieces. I'm sorry you weren't able to get one of Snoopy. :(

I was thinking of plaster but I almost wanted something more like an imprint, a stamp I guess, so that it could be framed? and given a rabbits foot I'm just not sure how well it would work. I thought like an ink imprint might work better.

I was wondering about food colouring or vegetable dye?

the coffee might be an excellent idea too.

Food colouring will stain the fur, but will do no harm, so it depends what you prefer. I like to use something a bit thicker than water as you need it to stick to the foot properly to get a decent print - so maybe the gel colours? It also needs to be something that will dry and not go mouldy over time.

I'd be inclined to wait til they do a nice colourful forage wee on the lino & use that:lol:

Bit morbid, but I’m not sure how possible it’d be while the bun is still this side of the bridge :( At least not in a way that might make a permanent impression.

When I lost my darling cat, George, the crematorium made ink prints of all of his paws, and I chose to have an additional clay imprint made of one of his paws as well.

there is a service in North America that uses soft clay to make a print. Her co. is called Peach Tree. I have been using her since 2007. Each job has a delay of 4 mth. as she's very busy from all the demand in North America. She charge me $194. If interested, you can search her from the internet and see the service she offers

Back