• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

Hello all!

Just a quick intro!

My name's Maaike. I'm a student Vet Nurse in Bristol, doing the degree programme at the Uni of Bristol.

I've got two mini lops, Binky and Xena. They're both about 15 weeks, and are house bunnies. Xena's deaf, but that makes no difference to her life, of course!

I love my girls to death and am planning to rehome and foster more buns in the future. Due to my position as a nurse I can offer rabbits a lot, and am particularly "useful" to the disabled and sick buns!

Anyway, that's the girls and me...I hope to be posting quite a lot around here!

Hi and welcome :wave: give it a few mins and the rest will be pesting you for pictures WE LOVE PICTURES :D

Haha, I wish I could! I'm actually away on holiday at the moment (the girls are staying with another nurse, a friend of mine), and I my digital camera was too **** to take decent pictures of them. I'm hoping to get some developed from a "normal" camera soon, though! hehe

Hello and welcome :wave:

Ermmmmmm, I really don't mean to be cheeky or rude but how the dickens do you pronounce Maaike? :oops: It's just that my Jim's registered blind and I have to read out the posts to him, cos he can't see small print. He CAN see photos though - so hurry up and get some pics!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Hi

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have a student Vet Nurse on here for easy medical questions. I'm always pestering my friend who is a vet nurse with my bunny questions!

Your girls sound gorgeous, I'm sure being deaf doesn't stop her bein cheeky!! I have a bun with cancer at mo (not that you would know it). It's nice to be able to offer a home to buns that can't be rehomed or with ongoing health problems. If I was allowed more bunnies I'ds def have a few of the harder to home variety!

Nicola

Hehe, no worries! My name's pronounced "My-kuh", it's Dutch.

I'm still in the early days of my nursing, as it's a degree programme, but I am going into practice on the 11th of January, until early June. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm happy to answer any medical questions, I've got my textbooks to hand if I don't know off the top of my head!

Hi Maaike
smileyhug.gif

hello Maaike :D

ok so im gonna ask... how u pronounce that :shock: :oops: :lol:

not that you need to pronounce on a pc :lol: just spell! :lol:
i'll appologise in advance for getting it wrong! :lol:

Hehe, no worries! It's pronounced "My-kuh"...:D It's Dutch...

I will be adding at least one member to my family when I get home...everyone say an advanced helloooooo to my new son, Kymber!

rabbit_1672.jpg

Hello, wish i could go back to college and become a vet nurse......instead i ended up as a dental nurse for people!!!
Working with animals would have been a better choice for me!
:wave:
101_0017.jpg

I could NEVER have worked with people. I started off doing a degree in Microbiology, but quit after two years (yes, I completed two of the three years!)...

I didn't have to do it through a Uni degree, nursing I mean, coz you can go into practice and become a nurse that way, but I wanted the education, and it means I can be hired as a head nurse as soon as I graduate...:D

Back