• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do your bunnies play?

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I’m interested to hear how other people’s rabbits play with toys or people.

I’m not sure if I have a bunny or a puppy :lol:

Treacle doesn't really play as such on her own, apart from ripping into a carrot cottage ! She likes me to entertain her, piling up the stacking cups so she can knock them down, or rolling a ball at her. Have you got a playful bun then ?

pick it up, throw it over your head, fall over because you put yourself off balance.
you can also run around with it in your mouth and make eye contact with mumma as you put it in the water :D

Lopsy has a ring on the side of the run he likes to chew, move around, dig at...! It's very noisy but I'm pretty sure he's mostly deaf so doesn't notice (Aboleth doesn't much like it XD). He'll do this even with food readily available, and other toys, so we're pretty certain it's his choice :D Aboleth prefers balls and broken plastic flowerpots to throw around. If you put things on the windowsill and they want to lay down. they'll throw them off. Aboleth's also gotten into tearing up newspaper (she's not ingesting any though :)), and they both like to chew sticks and things we leave lying around. They can also go explore their whole warren if the want, go and find food in different areas, binky in the dog crate or run, or sometimes in their house, dig in their litter trays, try and get whatever we've left on top of the run down (bramble, carrot skin strips, whole gong-over roses)...

Awww :love:

My boy likes to chase everything and anything. If you throw something he is off after it! He also seems to really like plastic and rubber, no matter how much I think I’ve put anything I don’t want him getting at away, he always seems to find something. And you can always tell when he has something he isn’t supposed to have because he slowly and quietly goes and sits out of sight with it :lol:

He doesn’t seem interested in specific rabbit toys though. He has a box full and doesn’t pay any attention to them. Also no interest in cardboard boxes! First bunny I’ve ever met that doesn’t like a cardboard box :shock:

My current trio just like chasing each other round, digging holes, grooming or eating. I put forage in different locations (eg hanging baskets, or poking through the bars of the run) to make it more interesting for them. I also vary the forage (eg grass, herbs, branches off fruit bushes)

Previous rabbits have liked hiding places (tubes, boxes, small shelters) or chucking plastic plant pots around. They all like something to jump on to view the world from, so a small wooden shelter (or small doorless hutch) with a flat top works well.

Awww :love:

My boy likes to chase everything and anything. If you throw something he is off after it! He also seems to really like plastic and rubber, no matter how much I think I’ve put anything I don’t want him getting at away, he always seems to find something. And you can always tell when he has something he isn’t supposed to have because he slowly and quietly goes and sits out of sight with it :lol:

He doesn’t seem interested in specific rabbit toys though. He has a box full and doesn’t pay any attention to them. Also no interest in cardboard boxes! First bunny I’ve ever met that doesn’t like a cardboard box :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back