• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

luna and orion

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
thank you for all supporting me x thought I’d repay with some cuteness!!

b51046e4b6394bb3038708a7e8c327a2.jpg
45de71f4a6ba1e3d444f93a366c12865.jpg

here they are having some apple juice
068e18a82f4d783140217bb5f68c9e53.jpg
8390db97117528e581ab9b6a4c150aa8.jpg

and here’s today’s makeshift run which is hopefully cooler than the pen upstairs
4673fe914d07400d907b7d6f705a35e2.jpg
894015c060b72cae586631f4db8f92c3.jpg
47ee0f6567308326577314d617953012.jpg
9c27b5688a1c75b40fced796ac7fb87a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super bunnies :love: Orion looks bigger :) Am I right in thinking that Luna is a Standard Rex and Orion a Mini Rex? They both look the same size :)

dear binkycodie,-it makes me feel good/smile,laugh,--rabbit pictures-I can watch/look all day--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Super bunnies :love: Orion looks bigger :) Am I right in thinking that Luna is a Standard Rex and Orion a Mini Rex? They both look the same size :)

he shouldn't be bigger....I hope......otherwise somebody needs to go on a diet :lol:

I am thinking that Luna may be a 'false dwarf', after speaking with my friend who breeds mini rex's. she said sometimes they don't get a copy of the dwarf gene (and some get two, resulting in a peanut, which never survives :(). she's not quite big enough to be a rex, but she's def too big to be mini.. Luna is about 2.7kg and Orion's maximum is 2.2kg, but ideally he should be 2kg ish my vet estimates. she is actually a little bulkier than him, but he is a pretty large boy compared to what Snoopy was! Orion's dad was a mahoosive boy (I met him actually, he was Luna's weight!! but he too was a false dwarf) so she said they might not be mini minis :D Orion's sister (who I saw pictures of) is actually tinier at 1.8kg :love: she looks pretty similar, just a bit lighter.

but they do look the same size in pictures, but in person Luna's a bit bulkier and larger :)

they really do love their little makeshift tent..I might have to keep it :? I make the towels wet so I think it keeps it nice and cool.

I've had to lug them back upstairs now, can't spend all night out in the garden (altho I'd love too). its so warm/humid upstairs and especially the rooms where 'we' are as it gets the afternoon sun on it, so it gets so humid and doesn't cool down. you walk from the landing and you just feel the warmth rise as you approach here.

I always say I'm going to get a tent to sleep outside in this weather, far cooler in the back yard. I wish the bunnies could be more cooperative, and then we could all sleep in a tent together in the cool :lol: I am sure however they would dig and bite their way out of it..... and I'd have nothing suitable to keep them in either. I'd have to get a darn large tent tho if I would put myself and them in a cage. maybe a family tent...........

"oh going on a family camping trip?" no no, just going to sleep in the backyard with my rabbits!

Lovely buns :D Look at them, they're doing great :D Mine are really jealous because I didn't let them out on the lawn yesterday, because I couldn't stay outside and look after them! A great setup :D

*Faints*........................... !!

Too many wonderful pics of gorgeous Rexes :love: Of course I am not in the least bit biased about Rex Rabbits..................... :oops:

Back