• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit cleaning wipes

I would not use anything like this on any of my rabbits and personally think it's unnecessary. I would also not want them to ingest the chemical that the wipes are impregnated with.

In my experience, rabbits clean themselves and their bonded partners very well with their tongues :D

Thank you Omi :D that’s the reason that we’ve not used them already in the last 2 years so I’ll stick with that mentality :D

Thank you Omi :D that’s the reason that we’ve not used them already in the last 2 years so I’ll stick with that mentality :D

Good decision :thumb: I'm sure companies try to convince us we need lots of things, which in my view are completely unnecessary. There's also a cost to the environment with these wipes.

Yeah fair point, I go in pets at home and see so much new stuff to make me wonder do I need these?!?! Aha

I agree with Omi, I wouldn't use wipes on bunnies. The only time you would need to clean them would be if they got a messy bottom. Even then I only use a flannel with warm water, no soap or other cleaning products added.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thanks Scrappy! I was wondering the best way to clean there bums so that save me asking another question :lol: :D was one of the main reason I was thinkning about wipes :)

I agree with Omi, I wouldn't use wipes on bunnies. The only time you would need to clean them would be if they got a messy bottom. Even then I only use a flannel with warm water, no soap or other cleaning products added.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Yea I agree :)

I have used water wipes before once when Clementine couldn't move, managed to avoid urine scold.. Although I was cleaning her with them every two hours 24h hours a day [emoji38] never had any issues, although Idk if this was a good thing or a bad tbh, this was when I first got them and I didn't know much and I didn't even know about urine scold [emoji38] lucky I thought yea that can't be nice and cleaned her up all the time, seems like we avoided something nasty. So basically I don't know if they're safe or not, but I used them without any problems for about 2 months.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back