• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

going rabbit catching...

ollie

Warren Scout
Its my day off work today, and my phone rang... WORK flashed on the screen so as usual I put it under the pillow and turned over... then the house phone rang... my mum answered and as well treined as she is told them I'd gone riding early... she then called me down to say...
Gemma from works rang, but its not about work its about a rabbit... theres one lose in the flats she lives in and nobody can catch it... so I'm off later to try a bit of rabbit catching... i'll let you know how I do, maybe a lil bro/sis on the way for Ollie and the girls...

Good luck - take a big towel - I used to throw one over Zeus when he was a baby and didn't like coming in from the garden - made it easier to catch him while he tried to get out from under it!

Caz

hiya..let us know more about the wabbit later...hope you have managed to corner it with a towel, just remember to give it lots of cuddles after being chased about !!. Any excuse for a rabbit snuggle hey!! :p :lol: :lol:

Remember if you do catch it and bring it home, keep it quarantined away from your own bun just in case it's carrying a disease or such like in the meantime :D Good luck!

Caz said:
Good luck - take a big towel - I used to throw one over Zeus when he was a baby and didn't like coming in from the garden - made it easier to catch him while he tried to get out from under it!

Caz

That would have to be a bath sheet for Zeus would'nt it Caz :lol: :lol:

Do lets us know how you got on :D

Do you have a bunny that will go in a harness and lead :?: I used Bugzee in her harness and lead to catch Shadow :wink:

Having another bun around got him interested in the bun and slowed him down for us to catch him :p :p :p

bronie

ps I`m coming over (from new zealand :!: ) and kidnapping Zeus :love: :love:

Actually it was a bath sheet - one my husband had since being a kid - has the Flintstones on it!! I use it to put on the sofa when we groom him and on the worktop when he gets meds - poor boy doesn't know whether to run towards us or away when he sees it out :lol: !

Any luck with catching the rabbit??

Caz

P.S. Bronie - watch out he will lick you to death if you try and enter our house!

well armed with my bath towel, and pet carry case off I went... No bunny in sight!!
Just packing to go home and I saw it sat behind a bin! Tried for ages to catch it, had hold of it a few times and the lil rascal kept bolting off.
I got tired and sat on the grass, the damn thing came over and started sniffing my feet! I put my hand out and it just sniffed it, so I picked it up and put in the box! Lil blighter!! My aunty has taken him on and called him Harlie! He's very cute, and has definatly been house trained along the way, shes advertised him as found, and is hoping nobody comes forward as she's fallen in love with him!!

I swear rabbits can laugh!!

I know the feeling too well - after a good hour of chasing round the garden Zeus would sometimes for no apparent reason saunter through the back door into the house as calmly as can be or just plonk himself down and wait for me to pick him up!

I think they think it is a great chasing game you are playing with them then they get bored so sit and wait for you to play something else!

Caz

Back